Ride cut short

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Coming back from a long awaited ride today when the Vmax shudders to a halt , no power at all . No lights , indicator ,nothing when I go to turn the key on leaving me stranded .
Fuses looked ok .
What do I need to start to look at tomorrow ?

i would look for a loose wire either at the battery or at the ignition. sounds like one worked loose during your ride.

let us know what it is if you find it!

Coming back from a long awaited ride today when the Vmax shudders to a halt , no power at all . No lights , indicator ,nothing when I go to turn the key on leaving me stranded .
Fuses looked ok .

A recent post, with symptoms similar to yours. No feedback as yet re the cause.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=39139

Cheers!

I texted Steve aka Jedi- our local motorcycle/chopper/fabricator/engineer/genius I checked the sidestand switch which was alguds then main fuse and bingo - all sorted .
Just outta practise maybe I need to comeback on here more often and get back in the loop

Matt

Fuses looked ok .

i would look for a loose wire either at the battery or at the ignition. sounds like one worked loose during your ride.

let us know what it is if you find it!

WHat Sirgijoe said. I had that happen to me on my Shadow I owned years ago. And I was on my way to Statewide up in North New Portland.

I texted Steve aka Jedi- our local motorcycle/chopper/fabricator/engineer/genius I checked the sidestand switch which was alguds then main fuse and bingo - all sorted .
Just outta practise maybe I need to comeback on here more often and get back in the loop

Matt

Usually when EVERTHING goes meaning all power it will be the main fuse. I always carry an extra with me under the seat.

Latest posts

Back