Ride Height Measurements, Front and Rear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
If anyone is able to get some measurement from a stock bike, i would appreciate it. Tire size, fork lowering, and shock length would need to be noted if different from stock.

I am thinking of a straight line measurement coming perpendicular from the floor to the upper shock mount. For the front, it would be hard to get a straight line measurement to the top of the steering neck. Too much in the way. If possible, that would be great. If not, a measurement from floor to the top of the fork tube would work but you would have to follow the centerline of the fork tube.

I'm thinking the easiest way to do it would be to put the bike on a centerstand and then place a 2x4 or similar under the rear tire and shim it up so that it contacts the rear tire. Then, you could measure from the 2x4 to the shock mount. You could leave it on the c/s to take the fork measurement.

would my setup be of any help?

kosman rear progressive 11.5s, 190/55/17 tire.

front cazz, progressives lowered 1 inch, 130/70 front tire

It would be easy enough for me to make corrections to your measurements to get back to stock so yes, it would be helpful.

I think it would be interesting to to have a totally stock bike to compare measurements to as well.

text me saturday afternoon i should be in the garage to remind me eh?

If anyone is able to get some measurement from a stock bike, i would appreciate it. Tire size, fork lowering, and shock length would need to be noted if different from stock.

I am thinking of a straight line measurement coming perpendicular from the floor to the upper shock mount. For the front, it would be hard to get a straight line measurement to the top of the steering neck. Too much in the way. If possible, that would be great. If not, a measurement from floor to the top of the fork tube would work but you would have to follow the centerline of the fork tube.

I'm thinking the easiest way to do it would be to put the bike on a centerstand and then place a 2x4 or similar under the rear tire and shim it up so that it contacts the rear tire. Then, you could measure from the 2x4 to the shock mount. You could leave it on the c/s to take the fork measurement.

Completely stock fork/suspension/seat max already on a center stand at the moment. I can get the measurements and post them for you tonight.

You want to post some photos or draw some stick figure men to be sure I'm understanding exactly where you want the measurements taken?

This is an 06 so it has adjustable rear springs. Measurements will be taken with springs set on 3 of 5 possible. Which is how they ship.

This is what I'm understanding:

2 measurements and the setup you want for the measurements (obviously without sitting on it).
PaiWM.png

That's it zack. Measurement on the front end can follow the angle of the forks if you can't get a straight shot to the neck of the frame

I set it up and then wasn't sure if you wanted the measurements bottom/middle/top of the respective stopping points so I just snapped some photos.

The tape is straight but the camera was probably slightly crooked as I just squatted and snapped the photos.

Measurement 1: 26"

Measurement 2: 43"

Latest posts

Back