Rider freezes and takes ditch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops! Reminds me of these pictures where the guy on the Harley grabs way too much front brake in the middle of his turn! Check out the middle picture.

Attachments

• harley_looking-good800.jpg
    harley_looking-good800.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 18
  • harley_not-looking-good800.jpg
    harley_not-looking-good800.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 25
  • harley_going-down800.jpg
    harley_going-down800.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24
LOL! Man was he scraping hard parts in the middle pic. How embarrasing! He has pretty much made a full dis-mount before the bike even crossed the yellow line! Nice boot pic... with just the cut off shirt, he must have lost a serious amount of hide.

G Man said:
Classic... H-D rider makes the big pass, then gets scared and freezes causing them to simply drive into a DEEP ditch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4206826673549984946

Hope they were o.k..

I hope that the rider is OK as well.

I guess I need to add to my pet peeves list. I cannot stand idiots that think they can ride just because they can twist the throttle!!! Did you see the 2nd guy almost followed him into the ditch because he was focusing on where he was going instead of on the road ahead and looking through the curve? Dumbasses! Both of them!

If you have never taken a motorcycle safety couse, you should conisder it. I highly recommend them. I am required to take them to keep my US Forces Europe motorcycle license. Every time I find that there are poor riding habits that I have fallen back into that with just a bit of practice are corrected. The primary aim is to make you a better/safer rider. To me, it is worth every penny.

Deals Gap otherwise known as the "tail of the dragon" is a rough piece of road. It's kind of a catch 22 for cruisers being that it looks like many of the corners arn't that bad, but they are very sharp and cruisers tend to be very low.

Now that vid clip is just a hardley rider being stupid. There is only one or two places that you can really pass anything (other bikes included) on that road and generally it's not a good idea even then. Too much on-coming traffic on many days and the cages tend to cross the lines a lot.

I had my Max up there in april and while it was fun, I wasn't quite ready for it only having my max for a few months. There were a few corners that I even scraped my foot (not the peg) not to mention a few SUV's coming into my lane. I'm thinking before the summer is out, I'll head up there again for a re-match.

Back