riders in Southern Mass. Region?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMESG

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new V-Max rider living on Martha's Vineyard (Cape Cod), who wants
to contact other interested riders to ride the Vineyard!

I know the roads here, places to stay, restaurants, etc.
I'd be the contact person.
I'm applying to be a Chapter Leader for VMOA, but you don't
have to be a VMOA member to ride with us.
I have one confirmed rider for next Summer.
Please let me know of your interest in this event.
Thanks,
Jim

Sounds like a good ride. Do you know the procedure for getting a bike to
the Island (do I need to make a reservation )and the approx. cost.I've taken the Ferry from Woods Hole before but never with a vehicle.

Hi,
Thank u for your interest in a ride on this beautiful Island. Roads up Island are well paved for speed (I go 10-15 mph over), country lanes that twist & up/down hills; stone walls to the sides, over hanging tree limbs as a restriction on tree trimming. Truly New ENGLAND.

Ferry: no reservation needed; just get there 1/2 hr. before departure. Cost (bike) is $40. rnd trip, with rider(s) @ $9.00 extra rnd trip. Trip is 45 mins. ea. way.

I'll start compiling an email list of interested riders.
Jim

I'd like to be in the info loop too. May consider trailering the bike to the ferry landing and hooking up there. (If I can find a decent trailer for sale)
Are there any places near the landing, park & rides?, where I could park the truck & trailer for the day?

Hi Danny,
There is a Ferry (SSA) park lot (not cheap); it is safe to leave stuff there. There is a bus (free) which takes stuff & passengers right to/from the ferry; then there is a luggage cart that goes onto the ferry. That's all handy for those camping out at the only campground. There are buses on the Island, if weather turns bad. I'll develop an info. page to email those wanting to come over, which will address most questions.

Link to the SSA (ferry):http://web1.steamshipauthority.com/ssa/

You are added to the list to contact.
Jim

Hey Jim,

As always count me in for any info!!!

-garrett

Oh Hi Garrett,
Sorry I opened the mail re. you wanting to be a "buddy" & not knowing who that handle was to be.
of course, I will add u to the list.
Jim

Hi,
I'll keep you informed. I'll add you as a Forum "buddy" so u receive the Group plans.
I enjoyed a 35 mi. ride yesterday here on the Island.

There are group rides in So. Ma. by contacting the Region Leader, go to the site link to contact him. He's asked me to ride with him last Fall on the Cape, which I plan to do.
Best to you & improved riding weather.
Jim

Latest posts

Back