Right rear engine making sound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subin Chandrababu

Reaction score
My rear part of engine is making sound since I changed oil. Can any one help identify what could be wrong. Is the an adjustable tappet in vmax?

Hard to say hearing it in the video. But yeah i check exhaust first. Then valve clearance, sounds kinda tappy‍♂️. It likely did it before the oil change before you last rode it and just didnt realize it maybe.

Hard to say hearing it in the video. But yeah i check exhaust first. Then valve clearance, sounds kinda tappy‍♂️. It likely did it before the oil change before you last rode it and just didnt realize it maybe.
I may have heard the sound once just before oil change but thought it may be my tools kit which was lose. I checked the exhaust and visually could not see anything.im planning to take to my freind mechanic tomorrow and check.

Yikes. Sounds a bit like maybe valve clearance is excessive but that's not the normal direction of wear. Might have something simple but it might have broken a valve spring or something else?

Latest posts

Back