RIP - Butch Trucks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filllmore East has got to be one of the best R&R albums ever, though I have to say, I like Eat a Peach, it reminds me of being young, single and living in south Florida.

A pic of Butch Trucks' bandmate and a younger forum member in south Florida. Anyone recognize the car? It was almost new at the time.

Attachments

• Greg Allman and me.jpg
    Greg Allman and me.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
R.I.P. Butch. You and the band have given me countless hours of great music and entertainment. You will be missed.

On a happier note , Gregg Allman took my cocktail waitress girlfriend to Florida for a 3 day weekend jaunt with 2 of her girlfriends in 1978 . She was HOTT ! She came home 2 days early and told me I was the one for her ! Probably was a lie as we only dated about another year , but drove my ego through the roof. Memories......:punk:

Not sure FM but it reminds me of an Excaliber, nice pic of you and Greg.....:biglaugh:.......Tom.

Filllmore East has got to be one of the best R&R albums ever, though I have to say, I like Eat a Peach, it reminds me of being young, single and living in south Florida.

A pic of Butch Trucks' bandmate and a younger forum member in south Florida. Anyone recognize the car? It was almost new at the time.

Oh wow! What a cool picture! Did you know him or was that just a photo opportunity with a cool guy for Butch? :)

R.I.P. Butch. You and the band have given me countless hours of great music and entertainment. You will be missed.

On a happier note , Gregg Allman took my cocktail waitress girlfriend to Florida for a 3 day weekend jaunt with 2 of her girlfriends in 1978 . She was HOTT ! She came home 2 days early and told me I was the one for her ! Probably was a lie as we only dated about another year , but drove my ego through the roof. Memories......:punk:

That sounds like an interesting time. I'm not sure how I'd feel if my girl ran off with a rock band. But then again it was the 70s haha -- different attitudes back then.

Great memories from the Allman Bros.+1 for Live at the Filmore East album. I saw them in the 70's at a little theater in Providence RI. Berry Oakley and Wayne had already passed. And it was already the Dicky Betts error, but they rocked the place.
RIP Butch.

His son Derek was playing lead guitar with the Allman Bros for the last 15 or so years and still plays in a band with his wife Susan Tedeschi. It's called Tedeschi Trucks Band. Derek is probably the best slide guitar player around. Rip Butch.

His son Derek was playing lead guitar with the Allman Bros for the last 15 or so years and still plays in a band with his wife Susan Tedeschi. It's called Tedeschi Trucks Band. Derek is probably the best slide guitar player around. Rip Butch.

Yep, Derek Trucks is a beast and I love Susan's voice. And they were just in town the other night and I saw them. They opened their show with Statesboro Blues as tribute to Butch.

No I'm not Greg's best friend, I never accompanied the band, but Greg did hire the people who owned the business we're in front-of, to provide security for him while he was on tour in south FL.

The person who owned the business had a lot of interests. He owned the tow contract for the municipality, he owned a security firm and had P.I.'s; he owned a body shop, etc. A real entrepreneur. I was acquainted with him and many of his employees during my time on fire-rescue, and his son was someone I have known all his life. I used to stop by the office out of which the businesses ran, and visit.

One time, I stopped-by, and his employee said, "Greg's here. Would you like to meet him?" The star was very gracious, and suggested the car in-front as a backdrop. Yes, an Excalibur. I got the polaroid, and I scanned it awhile-ago before it deteriorated any further. I first saw them (the Allman Bros.) in the early 1970's (summer '74) in a concert in Miami FL with Wet Willie. It was at the Orange Bowl, scene of many great football games between national powerhouses, and the home field for the University of Miami for several of their football national championships, for which I had season tickets. Many rock groups played there, including the Rolling Stones for Steel Wheels but it was torn down, and now is part of the grounds for the Miami Marlins (MLB) baseball team.

Greg was the only band member there that day. I was a more-slim guy then. My job kept me that way, and youth... .

Oh wow! What a cool picture! Did you know him or was that just a photo opportunity with a cool guy for Butch? :)

Back