RIP: Chris Cornell

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Man this was a blow this morning. Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden/Audioslave died last night. I was always a fan of his music. Particularly the Soundgarden and Pearl Jam collaborations like Temple of the Dog.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...nger-of-soundgarden-and-audioslave-dies-at-52

Gonna really miss his voice. This was a my favorite song on Temple of the Dog. It's a riff Stone Gossard did that Eddie Vedder later did quite differently called Footsteps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkMzwKZbIE

This sucks. 4 out if the 5 big grunge singers are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does suck. A lot of my favorite musicians from my younger days are leaving us way too soon. Prince, Bowie were the big ones last year. Chris so far this year. Who's next? It sucks! Audioslave was beastly as well, "Like a stone" shows off that wonderful soulful voice of his. I sure will miss that dude and my heart goes out to his friends and family.

I go back to the Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and Big Bopper era. John Lennons murder was a heartbreaker. While not a great fan of Chris, it is sad to see such a talent taken way too soon. Rest In Peace.

It does suck. A lot of my favorite musicians from my younger days are leaving us way too soon. Prince, Bowie were the big ones last year. Chris so far this year. Who's next? It sucks! Audioslave was beastly as well, "Like a stone" shows off that wonderful soulful voice of his. I sure will miss that dude and my heart goes out to his friends and family.

Right with ya.

This one stings big time. Used to cover Audioslave tunes, Like a Stone one of my faves still. Chris was one of a kind, always will be. So good, so signature. From the 90s with Soundgarden to Audioslave to his solo stuff - one of the artists I really woulda jumped on an opportunity to see live. Why Chris.... dangit. why why why........

I was hoping that maybe he had accidentally overdosed, like Heath Ledger but sad to hear that he hung himself. Crazy. What's even more disturbing is that I think he had it planned out. In the encore last night in Detroit, I've read that he performed "In My Time Of Dying" by Led Zeppelin.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/entertainment/chris-cornell-led-zeppelin-in-my-time-of-dying-trnd/

****, I hate to hear that. From what I've read, in the encore he sang a song with some telling lyrics. He sang Led Zepplin's "In My Time of Dying"

In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn
All I want for you to do is take my body home

Well, well, well, so I can die easy [X2]

Jesus, gonna make up my dyin' bed.
Meet me, Jesus, meet me. Meet me in the middle of the air
If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair

Well, well, well, so I can die easy [X2]

Jesus, gonna make up.. somebody, somebody...
Jesus gonna make up... Jesus gonna make you my dyin' bed

Oh, Saint Peter, at the gates of heaven... Won't you let me in
I never did no harm. I never did no wrong

Oh, Gabriel, let me blow your horn. Let me blow your horn
Oh, I never did, did no harm.

I've only been this young once. I never thought I'd do anybody no wrong
No, not once.

Oh, I did somebody some good. Somebody some good...
Oh, did somebody some good. I must have did somebody some good...
Oh, I believe I did

I see the smiling faces
I know I must have left some traces

And I see them in the streets
And I see them in the field
And I hear them shouting under my feet
And I know it's got to be real
Oh, Lord, deliver me
All the wrong I've done
You can deliver me, Lord
I only wanted to have some fun.

Hear the angels marchin', hear the' marchin', hear them marchin',
hear them marchin', the' marchin'

Oh my Jesus... [repeat]

Oh, don't you make it my dyin', dyin', dyin'...

[Studio Chatter:] "That's gonna be the one, isn't it? "
"Come have a listen, then. "
Oh yes, thank you."

^^^ We need an edit button. Oh well, you get the point, I typed something twice.

I heard it said best today. I'm paraphrasing here: "There's music that I listen to when I was younger and I listen to it now and go 'What was I thinkin' -- you know? But you still listen to it because it reminds you of a time in your life, but when you pull up to the red light now you'll turn it down. Nothing Chris Cornell ever needs to be turned down... anything Chris Cornell you can crank to 10 and never be embarassed. What a legend."

https://youtu.be/dbckIuT_YDc

Prob my favorite tune of his. Watch the video at 1:45 in its nuts. Lyrics too are pretty foreshadowing to what he ultimately did. Love his music and he will be missed but suicide is a bitch move in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

So many memories with Temple of the Dog and Soundgarden as the soundtrack.
Eddie Vedder is the last one.
None of the bieber shit will be missed in 20 years.

Back