RIP DUSTY HILL...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Four

Reaction score
Dang yo.

Just in the Garage ( or Garage) as you over the pond pronounce it. ..lol. ;)

Sorry.

Just heard the news whilst listening to tunes and workin on the Max.

Dusty Hill of ZZ TOP died in his sleep.
72 yrs (maybe 71.. i forgot now.)

Anyway, they were a decent band , lot of stuff before my time, I started around eliminator yrs..

Now they playin Non stop TOP for the afternoon.

Rip dusty.

Carry on.

T$

Oh man.

The single oldest band in history is gone now. They had played for over half a century together. No other rock band has even come close to that.

That really sucks.

But we have to brace ourselves because they're all going to start leaving us soon. Jimmy, Jeff, Eric, Billy, Keith...it's going to really suck.

Another Great loss , maybe death should take Justin Beiber or Taylor Swift or any of these "new" artist. Not wishing anyone to die just getting old losing so much talent unlike someone who does not even write their own songs or play an instrument .

RIP ! I seen them numerous times and always enjoyed them. I met Billy & Dust at a small car show in Texas years ago they were super laid back guys. My cousins Husband helped word sound for them in the early years.

Yep, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers have always been 'bikers' bands.' I think you could include a few more, like the James Gang (one of the most 'biker-centric' album covers, ever)

Anytime I ever saw ZZ Top I was never-dissatisfied. Sept. 14, 1973 W. Palm Beach Raceway was one. Video is not that show. I saw 'em one year at Bike Week.

ZZ Top was great. RIP.

This might be the most iconic motorcycle reference in rock history. An interesting fact is that at the end of the song, the motorcycle engine is not a real bike. It was Todd Rundgren on the guitar.

https://www.getintothis.co.uk/2017/01/bat-hell-defence-rocks-ridiculous-album/
Absolutely incredible to have your own sound that most people probably recognise within a few seconds of a song playing. Then you have Todd Rundgren who has the same status. Very few artists can say they have reached that level. I'm still plonking along with these covers. Hope i meet these guys when I go up/down also.

There's a documentary on Netflix (does that mean anything on yonder side of the pond?). ZZ Top, that lil ol band from Texas.

Worth a look.

Have to admit I know them, like 87.32% of other people, from their Eliminator era, top record BTW.

RIP.

Back