Road trip >tail of the dragon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
Leaving this Friday morning ..
riding down through west Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, then to north Carolina.
spending all day riding the tail and surrounding areas Saturday, then homeward bound sunday.
anyone going to be around and want to hook up, let me know.
Got the 05 all loaded up and ready for a road trip (570 miles one way)
forecast looks good too :biglaugh:

Attachments

• untitled (34).jpg
    untitled (34).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 47
Redbone and I will be down there in late June before Thunder, looking foreward to your report!..........Ride safe!!.............................Tom.

st
op in an tour the Jack Daniels plant it is so cool its in Lynchburg awesome roads in Ky

Sound like a nice tour Bill, enjoy! If you go by the Dragon Pit Inn on the north end of the Tail let us know what you think. It has a BBQ joint that supposed to cater to motorcycles.

I ll make another trip or two out to the mountains this summer. I had a blast in March riding the Tail and other roads.

The tail is cool, but I found a lot of other roads just as fun, or more fun because there was no one on them.

Good luck and ride within your ability.

Todd

hey bill, why the '05 and not your pride and joy? I imagine the 85 handles 10x better?

My bucket just won't empty fast enough.....:tantrum:
I hear Mike, I need to start scratching off bucket list items, I just seem to come up with more though. I am going to take a nice one off in June though, Tail of the Dragon will be fun from what I heard, but I'm almost more excited to ride the Bootlegger since it will be much longer. We'll be there at the beginning of the week so hopefully the traffic will be light.

I hear Mike, I need to start scratching off bucket list items, I just seem to come up with more though. I am going to take a nice one off in June though, Tail of the Dragon will be fun from what I heard, but I'm almost more excited to ride the Bootlegger since it will be much longer. We'll be there at the beginning of the week so hopefully the traffic will be light.

Haven't heard of the Bootlegger.....but i've been pretty sheltered..........

hey bill, why the '05 and not your pride and joy? I imagine the 85 handles 10x better?

Your correct the 85 handles 10x better, but the 05 is much faster Garrett. it puts a huge grin on my face when I open it up, and I tend to do that often :icon_rolleyes:

Sound like a nice tour Bill, enjoy! If you go by the Dragon Pit Inn on the north end of the Tail let us know what you think. It has a BBQ joint that supposed to cater to motorcycles.

is that where you plan on staying? I will look for it

Back