Rolling Burnout Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
Well my tire (Qualifier) is bald and for the past few days I've tried to get wheel spin without using brake or clutch on my gen 1. I have yet to look back and see a black stripe behind me.

I've tried punching it in 1st at low rpms, just before vboost, just after vboost, and everything in between and I still can't manage to smoke the tire.

I'm 160lbs without gear. My bike is 100% stock. My tire is just about spent but it's aired up to recommended psi. I'm shifting my weight forwards as best I can but still nothing.

I guess my question is should I have enough roll on power to achieve a burnout?

I'm not expecting a cloud of white smoke but c'mon... It's a Vmax!

Your not that far from me , I like to think I'm pretty good at RBs . Maybe we could meet up and I could give it a whirl for ya. Lol

I just never thought in a million years that I wouldn't be able to.

I like to think that it's because the tire is so worn that it has become flat in the center and the extra contact with the road is preventing tire slip:confused2:

They usually do get easier to spin as they wear down even with the increased contact patch. Heavier riders tend to get more wheelies while lighter guys get more tire spin.

Sean

You might try squeezing a little front brake as you roll to help slow the front end???

How about

- Increase the tire pressure to say 42 PSI, and/or
- Get rolling, then pull the clutch in, rev it a bit and dump the clutch.

Either or both of them ought to get it to break free, IMO.

The way I do it is get rolling in first about 15mph pull in the clutch rev to about 3 or 4 grand and lean forward dump the clutch doesn't always work depending upon the road surface but most of the time is does, I have the same tire pretty much stock bike and weigh 185, if you try it in second get rolling about 25ish and do the same thing only dif is in second you can go a lot farther, just make sure you have enough time to stop, once you burn out your back tire is real slippery and won't stop like your use to.

I guess I just assumed my bike was running poorly. I never would have guessed that the gen 1's won't do it.

It's been a while since I ran Dun-lops, but when I did I'd break traction at the worst of times. A little throttle in a round about and my tire would break loose. There are plenty of things you can do to get a stock engine to scream. For me, air under the tire in second, with just the throttle puts a smile on my face.
Every Gen 1 won't run exactly the same . If it's rip roaring power ya want? Some mods, and a good running engine will do it for ya. Lots of cars need to be power braked/clutch dumped to spin the wheels.

You could always get rolling about 15 mph in first gear, clutch it, shift to second and dump
the clutch with the engine at about 6,000 rpm.

That's how a "buddy"
exploded my transmission.

Nice thread :D
I have to change my tire to get inspected this month, now I have some new ideas!

Latest posts

Back