Rolling burnout tires.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I see Sean said a michelin macadam was his burnout tire. but there not cheap.

Any suggestions on a setup I dont have to struggle with? I weight 150 wet and its not easy lighting the tire up?

Maybe a Shinko up front? something slick in the rear?

Old tires are burnout tires.
Stand up, dont sit on the bike.
Rolling burnouts, clutch control and or the guts to find out, Lean forward, way forward, best done in front of a Harley.
Have fun.

Oh believe me Iv got some old ones.:rofl_200:

I tried again on my buddies Vmax and pushed the front end all over. Pretty funny watchin wife crackin up at me.

Want a rear tire to burn while Im riding the front brake walking speed. feet on pegs

Start your burnout in second gear, then SLOWLY let off the front brake until the bike starts to move forward. Then when you get enough speed, put your feet up, put Keep your wheel speed high and mind your balance. the Max likes to walk sideways. From there is just a matter of throttle and front brake control.

I remember seeing a video of Thadd's Vmax doing a block length roller a while back.

I used the stock tire, it only have a little over 1600 miles on it, it was thoroughly shot after the end of the day.

Attachments

• rollin.jpg
    rollin.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 46
KJ is right start in 2nd gear, you really can't ease into it either. I got proficient in 1st gear burnouts first then once I had a feel for the rear tire grip I was able to go to 2nd gear.
Here is a picture of one of my 2nd gear burn off, you can see where I walked it at the beginning and then picked up speed. You'll end up with a tire like this.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 43
You've about got to do it on the first try. After that the tire has heated up and will be stickier. There should be a video on our Morleys Muscle facebook site showing Kevin doing a very long very slow rolling burnout in Daytona 2002.

Sean

Oh, and the michelin was just one that seemed to last forever when doing a long burnout to blow it up. Any old worn out tire will work far better since grip is gone anyway.

Sean

I see Sean said a michelin macadam was his burnout tire. but there not cheap.

Any suggestions on a setup I dont have to struggle with? I weight 150 wet and its not easy lighting the tire up?

Maybe a Shinko up front? something slick in the rear?

I got a REALL SHI## tire on the back of mine. its called a SPIT FIRE its like sitting on oil. No traction at all ! Its what the bike came with and its new "for now" Dont know if they are available in the U.S You dont dare do a burn out with it, it gets WAAAY to slippery. It would be good for doing SMILEY FACES LOL.

Stand up, dont sit on the bike.
Rolling burnouts, clutch control and or the guts to find out, Lean forward, way forward, best done in front of a Harley.
Have fun.

"BEST DONE IN FRONT OF A HARLEY" Shoot...I'm a Harley guy..And I still think thats funny lol:biglaugh:

The avon venom is great for rolling burnouts. I can drop it into third at 50mph, whack the gas open and light 'er up. I spin it pretty frequently and I've got over 3000 miles on it, with probably 50% left to go.

From a standstill? Burnout through the top of third, or around 80mph until it hooks up. Strangely, the avon generates very little smoke, and miraculously manages to never get warm. Every other tire feels warm after riding on the highway for a while. Not this one. Not even a hint of heat. It never gets sticky.

The avon venom is great for rolling burnouts. I can drop it into third at 50mph, whack the gas open and light 'er up. I spin it pretty frequently and I've got over 3000 miles on it, with probably 50% left to go.

From a standstill? Burnout through the top of third, or around 80mph until it hooks up. Strangely, the avon generates very little smoke, and miraculously manages to never get warm. Every other tire feels warm after riding on the highway for a while. Not this one. Not even a hint of heat. It never gets sticky.

when are you changing the rear?

I would say the best tire for burnouts would be the factory Dunlop at the end of its life. I spent the last 500 miles of the factory tire doing nothing for effortless rolling burnouts. Great fun!

I would say the best tire for burnouts would be the factory Dunlop at the end of its life. I spent the last 500 miles of the factory tire doing nothing for effortless rolling burnouts. Great fun!

Yea. I remember flat tracking sideways around sharper corners with that tire.

But its not cheap. Im leaning toward the shinko quality and price.

Shinko Quality? Not heard that one before... I've heard of head shake from that tire due to perceived run-out issues... Doesn't sound like something I'd want...

Of course I'm a Metz fan...

Chris

Shinko Quality? Not heard that one before... I've heard of head shake from that tire due to perceived run-out issues... Doesn't sound like something I'd want...

Of course I'm a Metz fan...

Chris

Guess I should have said best bang for the buck imho. Maybe the sticky chinko on front with the harder Metz in the rear. Whos got some close to bald rear tires they dont want..

Back