Rotor question with aftermarket wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CruisinVA

Reaction score
Hey guys! Quick question, a search yielded no solid answer.

I have a 2003 Vmax. It has a 17" Dymag rear wheel, and an 18" Dymag front. Will these wheels still use stock style rotors? Do I need to order anything special, or just rotors for an 03 Vmax? Rear rotor is looking slim, and I'm looking to upgrade rotors, pads, and get all stainless lines. That's one of the upgrades on my to do list this winter.

Thanks for any info guys!

The safest bet is to measure the hub opening dia, the rotor bolt dia, and the rotor bolt spacing, and then you will be able to get an answer on here.

Usually, most aftermarket wheels for these bikes came with carrier adapters to reuse the OEM rotors.

I have 17" Dymags on mine and the brake discs swapped over without the need for adaptors.
In your case, as the 17" rear wold be V Max specific (?) there shouldn't be any problem.
As for the front there isn't too much work required to swap the front disks over + the speedo drive to confirm all is OK.
When removing the disk bolts suggest you use an impact driver as they are easy to chew up.

Back