rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
Hi guys I am getting new tires put on my bike this week and replacing the pads on the front and was wondering how hard it is to replace the rear rotor ?.Do I have to take the inner part of the old disc off to add to the new one?.Where is the best price for rotors?.Thanks

6 Bolts which are made of butter (use a manual hammer type impact to get loose). Gary's rotor if you want stock or there are a number of aftermarkets available (I sell Galfer, EBC, and a China brand).

Sean

6 Bolts which are made of butter (use a manual hammer type impact to get loose). Gary's rotor if you want stock or there are a number of aftermarkets available (I sell Galfer, EBC, and a China brand).

Sean

what are the specifics on the Chinese ones?

I noticed that the Haynes manual has new rotors being 7.5mm thick and worn at 7.0 .Thats only .020 thousands wear and that aint much .Gary is your rotor in good shape?.I havent checked mine for wear yet .Has anyone used the china brand rotors ?.I have used bendix and china brand on my cars and found no big differance between the two .I also noticed 3 hairline type diagonal cracks spaced apart is this normal for a front rotor?.Will this rotor fit a 93 max?.Just went outside and measured the rotor .on the thick part it is .300 and on the wear area its .270 .

Sean

Are there any aftermarket better bolts for these? Preferably chrome?

I noticed that the Haynes manual has new rotors being 7.5mm thick and worn at 7.0 .Thats only .020 thousands wear and that aint much .Gary is your rotor in good shape?.I havent checked mine for wear yet .Has anyone used the china brand rotors ?.I have used bendix and china brand on my cars and found no big differance between the two .I also noticed 3 hairline type diagonal cracks spaced apart is this normal for a front rotor?.Will this rotor fit a 93 max?.Just went outside and measured the rotor .on the thick part it is .300 and on the wear area its .270 .

I have the chinese wavy rotors. Ran them for one full season with no issue.

We sell a low profile chromed headed allen for these (many get these as an option when they buy my Carrozzeria wheels). The bolts are $50 for the set of 18.

Back