round custom taillights from Amazon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putin

Reaction score
Bought and installed this round taillights http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWHOGYM/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_img_sol_0. I was looking for round design for taillights - was thinking of doing them from the scratch, but found this on Amazon. Quality is poor, but they are hidden undertail and actually working.
P.S. Original taillight make me vomit every time i look at it. Can't believe someone can design it.

Attachments

• y1.jpg
    y1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 165
  • y2.jpg
    y2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 155
  • y3.jpg
    y3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 139
Yep, we used something similar a few years back though in a different location.

Attachments

• IMG_5330.jpg
    IMG_5330.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Temp 014.jpg
    Temp 014.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 165
Hey, those look sharp! Nice job, I may try this on my '99. Are they LED by any chance?

EDIT: Nevermind. I viewed the link and saw that they are, in fact, LED. That's a bonus!

Probably will cover red reflective strip - looks like an eyesore now with white lights.

Those dual roundies remind me of the 1985/6 Honda VF1000R taillights which I always thought looked good. I like Sean's red ones and their location, clean and it looks integral to the rear of the bike. I don't like the clear lenses, they don't seem to conduct as-much light as a lens which is red. It's as-if all you see is the LED element, and not the plastic surround. The lumen output is especially minimalized if you are not directly in-line w/the LED, as they have a very narrow light dispersal pattern. That's one big thing incandescents have in their favor, a wide dispersal pattern.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 39

Attachments

• Black_Cateye_tail_light.jpg
    Black_Cateye_tail_light.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 30
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_2.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 48
Looks too extruding (thick), almost like a stock, but different shape. Check distance between mounting bolts, on mine i had to do some modifications.

I like Sean's red ones and their location, clean and it looks integral to the rear of the bike. incandescents have in their favor, a wide dispersal pattern.
Sean' looks great, but he custom made them somehow. I'll try to do it also, later. Location is not good for me - i had a backpack attached to the backrest. I love incandescents, but they are harder to find now, and way more expensive (not the bulbs, of course).
P.S. WOW! Just found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Project...13&hash=item23204eccb9&vxp=mtr#ht_6378wt_1024

Looks too extruding (thick), almost like a stock, but different shape. Check distance between mounting bolts, on mine i had to do some modifications.
2" between mounting bolts, I figure it would be simple to drill 2 new holes if necessary.
Do you know what the stock bolt spacing is ?

It actually tucks up under the fender pretty well, it's just shy of being flush with the back end of the fender.
I'm looking at a Black one, so it won't stand out so much visually like the chrome does.
It uses incandescent bulbs, not LED, so there won't be any need for resistors either.

Attachments

• Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_3.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_4.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_5.jpg
    Cateye_tail_light_stock_fender_5.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 27

That last eBay seller has some really nice looking items but check his feedbacks.....everything is "private" so you cant ask any buyers how they like the items and he has a bunch of negative feedbacks which leads me to believe he sells allot of crap!

That last eBay seller has some really nice looking items but check his feedbacks.....everything is "private" so you cant ask any buyers how they like the items and he has a bunch of negative feedbacks which leads me to believe he sells allot of crap!
Good catch !!!!

Those dual roundies remind me of the 1985/6 Honda VF1000R taillights which I always thought looked good. I like Sean's red ones and their location, clean and it looks integral to the rear of the bike. I don't like the clear lenses, they don't seem to conduct as-much light as a lens which is red. It's as-if all you see is the LED element, and not the plastic surround. The lumen output is especially minimalized if you are not directly in-line w/the LED, as they have a very narrow light dispersal pattern. That's one big thing incandescents have in their favor, a wide dispersal pattern.

Nice lights may try them to. I bought my turn lights, extra brake lights leds these are motion they flow side to side and when I hit my brake light they come to a full stop light. I bought them off of amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Lig...s=1&colid=133LTHY77T34P&coliid=I3BBF1DGC3CVTU

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057PX86Q...UTF8&colid=133LTHY77T34P&coliid=I865LQ1OA5R07

Fire - man that vf1000r they was nice top heavy bikes I had 2 1986 the dual front light models.

Back