Rox Risers.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargerblk

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Rox 1R-P2PPK risers on the Gen 2 ?
I was going numb on my throttle hand after a short ride.
Changed grips then added those foam thingies.
Recently installed the Kaoko throttle tensioner so I could relax my grip but still had a sore hand.
Thought I would try setting bars back with the Rox risers but could not get the length needed from the wires and hydraulic lines !
Managed to scuff up my bars while I was putzin around ! Very P O ed about that !
Just wondered if anyone has tried that set up and made it work.

It looks like there is not enough cable slack without some serious re-routing. I wish I could find someone who has done it and can verify.

The rox website says it fits all years so I emailed rox and they said this:

"We do not have experience with that bike ourselves. I do believe if you cut some cable ties and try to find the shortest route for that cable, you should be able to make it work. With that said, I would recommend you to pull your bars off first and see how much slack you have. At the point the cables get tight, see which one is holding you up and find the path of least resistance. Forums can skew answers pretty quick with folks who don’t work much to get the risers on.

Regards,

Ryan Jensen
Customer Relations & Sales Director

Rox Speed FX Inc.
37829 Rock Haven Rd.
Cohasset, MN 55721

218-326-1794
[email protected]

www.roxspeedfx.com"

I ended up returning the Rox risers . I suggest that they state that cables, wiring and hydraulic lines will likely have to be changed to
accommodate the new bar position. I suppose with a few hours of work one might be able to make existing lines work but that is a big might
and would likely end up with binding and chafing and perhaps even an unsafe condition. This was more than I bargained for.
I installed SW Motech barbacks on another bike I own without all this drama .

Let me know if you find any risers that fit with the stock setup. I can't even find any 1" risers for this bike, that's all I would need.

I had 2" ROX on my Raider. Most bikes will give you some slack in the control wires which worked fine. However I did run my clutch and brake behind the triple tree.
I just looked at my 16 Max and the hydraulic front brake seems not to have hardly any slack. The clutch could be an issue also. Sad to say an inch more made even a stretch. Hope you find something cuz I maybe looking at the same down the road since I have only had mine a couple of weeks. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back