Royal Star speedo sensor with RX2N gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shicks16

Reaction score
I have a Koso RX2N speedo coming with the magnet pickup sensor, i am not crazy about having to mount the sensor and magnets and was curious if anyone has had any experience with running a Royal Star sensor in the rear diff with a RX2N gauge. i have been chatting with Sean about this as he has experience with doing this on a different gauge but was curious if anyone out there has done this with the Koso?

I have a Koso RX2N speedo coming with the magnet pickup sensor, i am not crazy about having to mount the sensor and magnets and was curious if anyone has had any experience with running a Royal Star sensor in the rear diff with a RX2N gauge. i have been chatting with Sean about this as he has experience with doing this on a different gauge but was curious if anyone out there has done this with the Koso?

I just ordered this speedo as well. Why can't you use your standard drive cable? Just curious. I'm going to have it professionally installed I think. Wen did you order yours and just wondering if it has come in yet.
Mark

I could use the speedo drive sensor but I wanted to clean up the front end, plus I will be running an inverted front end right away. The speedo did come and I am just waiting on some factory style connectors so I can wire it utilizing the existing connection points and I could return to stock easily.

Sean is getting all the connectors for me however I have been doing some research and they are all over the net, just look for hitachi style connectors, I believe you will need 2 6 pin connectors, I will be doing the install myself and plan on taking photos and doing a detailed write up of the install to post on here.

Here is a link I found after a quick search, the six pins should work but someone else can chime in here.
http://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=53

Sean is getting all the connectors for me however I have been doing some research and they are all over the net, just look for hitachi style connectors, I believe you will need 2 6 pin connectors, I will be doing the install myself and plan on taking photos and doing a detailed write up of the install to post on here.

Here is a link I found after a quick search, the six pins should work but someone else can chime in here.
http://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=53

Awesome I can't wait to see that post. Ill be looking for it thanks :clapping:

If you are still running the Max speedo drive just use the Koso adapter.

Use six pin Hitachi type connectors - that way you can retain the connectors on the loom and just use the other half for the Koso and Max wires. (see attached PDF).

Have also attached to fitting guide which you may like to use as a starting point - look forward to seeing yours.

Attachments

• RX2n fitting.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Koso RX2n fitting guide.doc.pdf
    268.2 KB · Views: 29
MaxMidnight,

Could you also refer to which mechanical to electrical would be best? There is one with black connector and white connector?

Also, what supplier did you acquire these from? If we could have US supplier, it would definitely save on shipping costs.

Or maybe better, a complete parts list, supplier, and we can make this thread a sticky.

I am looking forward to putting this gauge setup on both of my Maxes, but do not have the funding currently, as with much of the members here, we are usually on tight budgets, and we like to 'Maximize' as much as possible.

There is ALOT of interest in putting this setup on our machines, and we all appreciate you taking the challenge of installation.

Thanks

This be the baby you want with the white connector for the RX2n.

I bought mine from Digital Speedo's as per the link.

As I am only a customer of Koso through Digital Speedo's I can't help with a US based supplier or parts list.

Got mine from digital speedos as well, came as a full kit with almost everything and instructions on how to install it.

Well I started putting the gauge all together and got it powered up, everything seems to be working except for the fuel light, the kit came with an adapter for the low fuel sender to simulate a low fuel on the input of the gauge (the koso actually has a level gauge) I have a newer style wiring harness and it appears its not just a simple positive and ground to the light, can anyone give me any info on how to wire this properly?

http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/low-fuel-warning-light-adapter-528-p.asp

I got mine in the other day. I'm waiting for your right up. Or a local guy that is able to install it for me. Actually Steve O said he would help me. Ill have to get him the instructions to see if he wants to attempt it. Lol.

What year bike do you have? It seems its pretty straight forward for pre 90 bikes as its just a simple positive and ground for the fuel light, the newer bikes seem to be a little more of a pain, everything else is already wired up and works well.

Well got all the connectors installed, it actually looks pretty good, i abandoned the idea of using the fuel adapter that came with the gauge and just wired the input into the engine light wire, now when i have low fuel the engine light will come on, when i do my custom cluster i might move this down there but for now it works, only issue i am having right now is the tach portion, it works but it jumps around a lot, i am running cops and a dyna3000 so i am not sure if that is causing the issue, from reading a few posts i am seeing people have had the same problem, anyone out there have a solution? As soon as i get that all figured out i will start on the write up, it is actually pretty straight forward install.

Well got all the connectors installed, it actually looks pretty good, i abandoned the idea of using the fuel adapter that came with the gauge and just wired the input into the engine light wire, now when i have low fuel the engine light will come on, when i do my custom cluster i might move this down there but for now it works, only issue i am having right now is the tach portion, it works but it jumps around a lot, i am running cops and a dyna3000 so i am not sure if that is causing the issue, from reading a few posts i am seeing people have had the same problem, anyone out there have a solution? As soon as i get that all figured out i will start on the write up, it is actually pretty straight forward install.

I am very interested with what you figure out with the tach. Your issue with the tach has been a concern of mine when I purchase the Koso soon. I have a setup just like you, COPS with the Dyna.

Jon at digital speedos has been extremely helpful with all my questions, he is going to be sending me a filter to try out which hopefully will fix up the problem.

Not yet, still waiting on the filter from Jon, hoping to have it by the weekend and will report back.

Did you ever find a solution to your teach problem?

Had the same issue which was fixed with one of these (obtained from Digital speedo's)

Tried using the sensor clip around the signal then return wires - no go.
Ended up cable tied to #1 COP BUT with the removable part of the sensor clip removed.
All is well with MM's rev counter.:rofl_200:

Back