Rubber Cover Upper Front

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timscues

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While putting my ride back together I just pull out of the box this big rubber portector or shield, It looks like it goes up front by the CDI and neck? any ideas

The little teeth ripped off mine. if you don't want to use it, you're welcome to send it to me. It keeps wiring separated from valve covers, and probably provides a bit of a heat shield.

Sounds like the heat shield for cylinders 2&4. Attaches to the frame. Should be some holes in it that will go onto tabs on the fame and pinch it into place. Check out the how to adjust your valves thread. It details install and removal of this part.

Heat and moisture barrier for the electronics. I would suggest reinstalling it.

There are 4 lil tabs on front of frame that go in the holes of the rubber cover just bend them once covers on it pretty much can only go on one way
Also like tabs that hook onto the plastic shields on each side of bike under the scoops behind all the wires,hoses.

Sax, I'm there are plenty of these out there for the asking as so many get tossed in a box when doing a custom bike or parting one out.

Sax, I'm there are plenty of these out there for the asking as so many get tossed in a box when doing a custom bike or parting one out.

Ok, soooo.... I'm officially asking if anyone would like to part with their Front rubber heat shield/wireguard thingy.

I know this is a bit of an older thread but I was looking at the cop how to guide when I ran across the rubber heat shields in the pics. My 85 has none so I decided to see if I could find some to order. I swear I've been through the parts diagram twice for an 85 model and just don't see them. Anybody know where in the parts diagram these are listed under? OR were they not on the earlier model bikes? Thanks again.

They were on all years. It's listed in the "frame" section - item number 18 - part number 1FK-2117F-01-00 (discontinued). I have a few left but not sure how many. Not commonly needed since most don't get rid of them.

Well in your opinion Sean, would it be of any significant benefit for me to have this on my bike prior to installing the new Ignatech ignition unit when I get it in from Ya? I know I've read of the factory units overheating so I'm just curious. Thanks

Just checked part #18 and I do have that on my bike already. I was referring to another protective rubber cover that goes directly over the heads. I'm gonna find the picture and try to post it

This pic is from NaughtyG's cop mod and has the cover I'm referring to: I think this one is #19 under frame?

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 16
You got the rubber fillers for the rear cylinders only that fit into the plastic section of the rear heat shield. These parts numbers should also be on the same section as the frame in the fiche. I would not worry too much if this is all you are missing.

Latest posts

Back