Running like crap now, why?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick.

Reaction score
I rode the bike yesterday and she ran just fine. Now I get ready to jump on the bike and go to the gym and she doesn't run for sh*t! I don't know why. I took off the fuel filter to see if there's any blockages, nope all clear. I checked the fuel line to see if it's kinked or loose, nope nice and tight. I drained to float bowls to see if any crud would come out, nope just clean gas. I'm stumped here guys. Any ideas on what can happen over night that would make the bike not idle or run very well at all? I mean if I'm in 1st and gunning it I'm climbing at a rate of 50rpms every second and a half or so.

black and oily
or just throw all 4 new ones in less than 10 bucks.
for all 4. any parts store should have them

true on the cheap thing. I'll give that a shot today. Maybe i'll dig for the front coils and shave down to some clean copper as well.

gaped the new plugs, anti seized them, and put them in. Bike won't even start now. What the hell?

i got her going good now. I thought... maybe something's stuck in the carb! I took a rubber mallet and tapped each carb 2 or 3 times while cranking the starter and she fired up and idled as smooth as glass at 900 rpms! I swear I haven't had a bike so temperamental since I got my 1980 suzuki gs 450e with 2,200 miles on it.

Back