Running on 2 Cylinders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Planter

Reaction score
Hello everybody, so here’s a little backstory for you. So I tried rebuilding my old carbs, let’s just say it didn’t turn out too well because I pounded out the brass pieces that the float valves sit in and I guess you aren’t supposed to do that. Found this out by taking it to a shop and they told/showed me. Also they checked my compression and spark, both are good. So I bought some new carbs seeing as the old ones weren’t salvageable with the brass pieces being pounded out. Got the new (used) carbs in, swapped in rebuild parts from the old carbs to the new ones, took my time and was very careful I cleaned everything and did everything correctly, which I did. So I throw the carbs on the bike, and by the grace of God the bike was running on all 4 cylinders again and it sounded absolutely amazing! At this point I was extremely happy and thought all my troubles had been solved. Well I noticed one of the carbs had a tiny leak out of one of the float bowls, so I took them off, replaced the gaskets on the float bowls and greased them up, stuck them back on, and no leaking. However, the bike magically went back to running on 2 cylinders again. So yet again I took the carbs back off to see if I had maybe messed something up when I had taken them off the last time. Nope, everything was exactly how I left it when the bike was running on all 4 cylinders. I know it’s not my carbs, because the bike was running great and on all 4 when I had them on the first time. I’m thinking this could be an electrical issue of some kind? Possibly my battery because my battery was dying a couple of weeks ago and ended up having to jump start the bike. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Back