Running/riding issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baco 83

Reaction score
Having issues with the bike going down the road. Sitting in the driveway it starts and runs on and off choke. I can even bring it through the rev range. Once I start riding it, it boggs down around 3500 rpm. Vboost is disconnected and plates are closed. I've removed and cleaned the carbs. And I've replaced the intake boots. I just did a carb sync and they're all about even right around 20 CmHg. Mixture screws are at 2 turns out on the front 2 cylinders and 1 1/2 turns or the rear 2 carbs. All 4 main jets are a 152. Can anyone tell me where to go next

Why are you running with V boost closed?
Unless the idle mixture screws are the factory setting I would set at 2 1/2 turns out.
Also check that all of the throttle slides are rising equally as you open the throttle.

I have it closed because the vboost controller is only opening not closing. So just for tuning purposes until I get a new controller

I did have all the mix screws at 2 1/2. I also turned them up to 3. Just trying to figure out exactly what is causing it. None of the settings made a difference as far as the bike bogging

Baco 83 where in RI are you? I live in West Greenwich and my wife and I own a restaurant in North Kingstown. I have only seen one other Vmax in ten years. Not including my buddy Steve O who lives in Fall River. Reach out and let’s go for a ride. Now I’ll give fire medic a break. When you cleaned the carbs did you remove the jet blocks? The pilot jet has a tiny opening and must be clear.

Having issues with the bike going down the road. Sitting in the driveway it starts and runs on and off choke. I can even bring it through the rev range. Once I start riding it, it boggs down around 3500 rpm. Vboost is disconnected and plates are closed. I've removed and cleaned the carbs. And I've replaced the intake boots. I just did a carb sync and they're all about even right around 20 CmHg. Mixture screws are at 2 turns out on the front 2 cylinders and 1 1/2 turns or the rear 2 carbs. All 4 main jets are a 152. Can anyone tell me where to go next
I had the same thing. Fuel filter was very dirty (not long bought the bike)
Cleaned pilot jets and carb cleaned plus clean sliders.
Checked fuel tank was nice and clean.

Running smoothly now.

Sorry baco I just realized I already posted something similar earlier this year.
You don't have to apologize it was a good reminder. Lol. I'm in smithfield now off 44 not far from Newport creamery. I did remove the jet block, removed and cleaned all the emoltion tunes. And cleaned all the air pilot jets. The fuel filter is new. The stock filter was replaced with a k&n. What I am questioning now is the fuel pump. I replace the stock pump because it was shorted and blowing the fuse. But I was cheap and got a $22 pump from Amazon. I ordered a Mr gasket 42s pump yesterday. It should be in Wednesday so I'm stuck waiting.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I'm replacing my break lines today and wiring in all my lights. With any luck I'll be on the road soon

Back