Running rough

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove 60+ miles bike ran fine. Left a friends and took off quick, bike started running rough and sounding different. Gonna pull plugs in a bit. Anything obvious I should look for before I over think it?

I'm thinking its spark or fuel. It happened before and I had sucked in pieces of the air cleaner. Did the shotgun and it ran normal again. Was running 120-130mph smooth before I stopped. I gassed up and about 10-12 miles later I stopped. Pulled away again and it didn't sound right.

Try draining fuel bowls and see what comes out - also see what is in there and the amount of fuel that comes out. That's the gas part--- for the spark pull each plug wire and with a spark plug attached and lay it against the metal fin and see if there is a good spark.

Def will do, hopefully it's something dumb like bad gas.

Pop your fuel filter out and have a look in it as well.....to see if you bought crap particles with your recent fill up.

Drained the gas and pulled the plugs. I can see small pieces of something in the fuel tank. Plugs were all loose and foul. Changed them and filled the tank with super. Seems to be running better. Raining here today gonna take a ride if it stops raining. Gonna pick up a fuel filter while I'm out. This one was only installed last year but I'll change it anyway

Drained the gas and pulled the plugs. I can see small pieces of something in the fuel tank. Plugs were all loose and foul. Changed them and filled the tank with super. Seems to be running better. Raining here today gonna take a ride if it stops raining. Gonna pick up a fuel filter while I'm out. This one was only installed last year but I'll change it anyway

I was having issues like that, so I even added a fuel filter AFTER the pump. It seemed to have helped me......it might be an option.

I'm gonna add the extra filter. Ordering some cops pre made this week. Hoping that will give me a little better spark. Very unlike the bike to run like that. It's usually rock solid. Except for the 4 plugs in the rear tire. Sending the rear rim out for powder coat so the new tire will be on soon

Back