S7 with vboost still on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
Hello i love the look and the space the stage 7 pod filters create but i also love the vboost i was wondering is any one running a DJ s7 with vboost ?

It was tuned for top end and was 133 rwhp. I have since leaned it out some and am about 127 rwhp but with 40-45 mpg on the highway.

Altitude is about 1000 ft.

mains: Mikuni 155
PAJ2: DJ190's
PFJ: 40
needles: 2.5 clips from blunt (going to try 2.75 as it's kind of flat at 4K)
exhaust: Kerker 4-1 with 2 inch turn down tip

It was tuned for top end and was 133 rwhp. I have since leaned it out some and am about 127 rwhp but with 40-45 mpg on the highway.

Altitude is about 1000 ft.

mains: Mikuni 155
PAJ2: DJ190's
PFJ: 40
needles: 2.5 clips from blunt (going to try 2.75 as it's kind of flat at 4K)
exhaust: Kerker 4-1 with 2 inch turn down tip

Those are some very respectable numbers Mark. Still running the copper stacks?
Steve

I am still-using the VBoost, also. Sorry w/o removing the carbs I dunno what the jetting is, but I have the DynoJet Stage 7 inc. K&N individual pods. It seems to pull harder than stock, but I haven't dynoed it since this: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21873&highlight=dyno+dilemma

Since that fateful, expen$ive run, I have
  • torn-down the engine (helped-to do it, my mechanic Steve at Under Pressure in Dania Beach FL did the assembly)
  • undercut tranny installed
  • new clutch-PCW extra-plate & HD spring, stock OEM friction discs
  • COP's from Gannon, new plugs come w/them, thanks, Gannon
  • head-job w/0.005" taken-off the heads
  • replaced the rear intake cam (obvious why)
  • UFO 4/1 Dragstar head & mid-pipe w/a Franken-can(ister) exhaust
  • the Stage 7 kit
  • radials
  • Superbrace
  • I had already upgraded my '92 front end to a '93+ including FZR1000 brakes & 298 mm rotors, & new master cyl
  • replaced the stator & pick-up coil (already had-done the R/R)
And I had already done other things prior to that like rear Progressive Suspension shocks & a 7" round halogen headlamp.

So, w/a freshened top-end and the UFO 4/1, I am gonna go out on a limb and say I expect I probably am getting about 10% over what I had, say, 10-11 RWHP in-addition, to make it ~120+-.

The first jets we tried didn't work as-well so it was leaned-down a bit, I think the mains are now 152.5's (Mikuni). If I have to remove the carbs, I'll take a look.

Something I did notice, it didn't seem as-if there is as-big a kick in the pants from the VBoost w/the Stage 7 in-place. It does make synching the carbs easier. It will pull easily and hard past redline, except I have a DYNA 3000 ignition box/rev-limiter on it now.

Attachments

• intake cam.jpg
    intake cam.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 14
  • intake cam 2.jpg
    intake cam 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
Those are some very respectable numbers Mark. Still running the copper stacks?
Steve

Hey Steve, not currently. The boots wore out and I haven't taken the time to get to Home Depot for some new rubbers.

Latest posts

Back