Sacrificed another driveshaft to the V-Max Gods tonight..........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
Good thing I wasn't too far from home, had a buddy grab my truck, ramp and tie downs, got it home safe, glad I keep a spare!...........:biglaugh:..........Tom.

Sorry i wasnt any help tom. I was turkey hunting in wayland.

Im thinking i should pick up a spare. He suggested i get one a few weeks back.

Glad you got it worked so quickly Tom.
But that is why I never did the DD mod. ;)

Pretty sure I have the driveshaft that came out of the '96 that I use as a carb test engine....it had about 30K and everything worked fine when removed.

Make me an offer if anyone is interested.

-Sold-

No DD mod here either............Just the PCW spring on a stock clutch pack, I do run it hard sometimes!.......:punk:..........Nothing crazy like the Days Inn situation, just a hard 1-2 and i'm looking at the shift light, I should probally ease up on the rolling burnouts, may extend shaft life..............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

No DD mod here either............Just the PCW spring on a stock clutch pack, I do run it hard sometimes!.......:punk:..........Nothing crazy like the Days Inn situation, just a hard 1-2 and i'm looking at the shift light, I should probally ease up on the rolling burnouts, may extend shaft life..............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

You do some serious rolling burnouts Tom. It's Vmax art. I remember the one you did a couple of years ago behind Days Inn.

I have never done a burn out on my Vmax....now, that being said, I do keep 4 driveshaft spares on the shelf....lol....just incase.

I did 1 to fry an old tire... in my driveway with a water pit. My neighbors were LESS than pleased, lol.

I snapped one about a month ago. About a half mile from my house. Coasted down into a little valley went as far as I could up the other side. Pushed it about 200 yards into the garage, started tearing it apart. Got one on eBay for $30 free shipping. Gonna get another for a spare. Not one burnout since I put it in. Still have the old one. Anybody have any luck getting them welded back together?? Like to find a small piece of pipe to put over it and have it welded. But I like the shaft as weak spot, better than replacing an engine case. Pretty impressive though.

I don't recommend having it repaired, it will most likely end up weaker than the origional, plenty of good used units available out there....................Tom.

My 7 year old daughter (the one on my bike in my picture) demands that I do them. To quote her " Daddy I love the smell of burning rubber".

punk0000.gif
Sofia is one of us. A special young lady for sure.

Thank you Steve. I showed her my post and she got mad because I forgot to say she likes the smell of exhaust and gasoline. She wants me to find her gasoline perfume. That kid is perfect.

Back