• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sacrificial Gen1 Rear Fender?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
Ok. I know I said that this 100% original 86 I recently purchased would probably stay that way. I think I lied. Either I never noticed before, or the trend is growing of bobbing the rear fender. I like that look.

But in the interest of keeping a return to factory original possible, I’m looking for a rear fender that I could sacrifice for the cause. My plan is to relocate a light under the grab bar. And I completely dislike side mounted license plates, so I’ll look for an alternative to that method.

But for now I think I want to seriously poke at this…

Fender anyone?

There has got to be someone in AZ that has a “sacrificial” rear fender for you ! Something with broken tail light mounts.

Got one! Now I just have to decide when and if I’m going to do something with it. But I have options, and that’s what I was after.

Got one! Now I just have to decide when and if I’m going to do something with it. But I have options, and that’s what I was after.
Cbr light mod looks good on a bobbed fender. Just don’t make it too stubby. Those that stop at the rear grab bar look unfinished and goofy.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely agree with the overbobbing! An even goofier look are those who completely remove the fender and call it finished.

Back