Sacrilidge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well because he can of course.

When you see something as visually unpleasant as this reverse trike customisation and wonder what makes anybody do this to a V-max, the need is what usually drives the design. For example a friend of mine had no choice but to build a trike because he has middle ear damage and can't balance a bike. Therefore he needs a self balancing ride.

The aesthetic appeal of the design is subjective. For example take a look at the 1st pic of the reverse trike below. Visually, this works and its performance is outstanding.

The same is true for bike mods. Pic two can be considered to be a major improvement to a Harley Davidson or a major waste of a V-max motor depending on your point of view (as for the 'ladies' in that shot well, I'll pass).

On the other hand the retro mod of the V-max in pic three works for me at so many levels I'd be happy to pay good money for it.

Necessity often drives design but then so does the riders artistic expression.

Attachments

• DSC00185.JPG
    DSC00185.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 51
  • red vmax chop.jpg
    red vmax chop.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 65
  • richbike02.jpg
    richbike02.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 61

When you see something as visually unpleasant as this reverse trike customisation and wonder what makes anybody do this to a V-max, the need is what usually drives the design. For example a friend of mine had no choice but to build a trike because he has middle ear damage and can't balance a bike. Therefore he needs a self balancing ride.

The aesthetic appeal of the design is subjective. For example take a look at the 1st pic of the reverse trike below. Visually, this works and its performance is outstanding.

The same is true for bike mods. Pic two can be considered to be a major improvement to a Harley Davidson or a major waste of a V-max motor depending on your point of view (as for the 'ladies' in that shot well, I'll pass).

On the other hand the retro mod of the V-max in pic three works for me at so many levels I'd be happy to pay good money for it.

That red bike was a honda super magna! We have a member here into those as well.Has a very nice silver one.

That red bike was a honda super magna! We have a member here into those as well.Has a very nice silver one.

I stand corrected. I saw that silver restoration and its real art.

So maybe this is a great use of V-max engine and a great way to bugger up a classic Honda style icon?

i have many friends with trikes, some have disabilities some dont. what i was getting at was that in my opinion it is the ugliest piece of customising i have seen. the pictures you posted in response are far more easy on the eye.in fact i would pay good money for the reverse trike.dont take things too seriously. its all down to taste and the pic i posted is seriously lacking

i have many friends with trikes, some have disabilities some dont. what i was getting at was that in my opinion it is the ugliest piece of customising i have seen. the pictures you posted in response are far more easy on the eye.in fact i would pay good money for the reverse trike.dont take things too seriously. its all down to taste and the pic i posted is seriously lacking

You're right. It's dead set FUGLY.

Latest posts

Back