Sad day Vmax gone sold 7500.00

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
I always wonder why people post this type of thing up..now I am doing it lol. Had a blast with it. But after my back surgery I had to move on to something a little more forgiving to my back..sucks....

Glad to hear you got a good price for it. All the best to you in whatever adventure you embark on next.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LOL you telling me..plus I mechanic for a living so new stuff hurts all the time..but I am still ridding a bike just a different Yamaha now..

I always wonder why people post this type of thing up..now I am doing it lol. Had a blast with it. But after my back surgery I had to move on to something a little more forgiving to my back..sucks....

Stang-

That's how I got my Vmax last year. The guy I bought it from rarely rode it for years as his back is fu up as well. I paid $8600 !! Certainly a little high, however, she only had 3100 Kms and was in excellent shape. Regardless, what the price, owning a Vmax is owning a peice of Muscle Bike History and I never, ever, regretted paying that. From the time I walk over to her to when I walk away, I love my VMax.:clapping:
And my Vmax loves me..

Hope your enjoying your FZ!!:punk:

Lee

I got over 20,000 on mine and it was a a blast much more personality then the FZ1 the only plus out of the sale is the full yosh header system and power commander I orderd just after I sold the other one..lol nothing like 150 + hp in a 400 lb bike...
shitty pic

Attachments

• yamahas..jpg
    yamahas..jpg
    53 KB · Views: 42
I got over 20,000 on mine and it was a a blast much more personality then the FZ1 the only plus out of the sale is the full yosh header system and power commander I orderd just after I sold the other one..lol nothing like 150 + hp in a 400 lb bike...
shitty pic

Its always great to see other rides. Pics, comparisons, reviews.. Especially from guys who have good taste!! So what's she like? Like you said.. 150 odd HP in such a light bike. Does it feel more nimble?? What's the handling like..? How about the Powerband and Torque? She's a nice looking ride, I looked it up after we talked last. Is there a good selection of AMarket parts.. What's your Milage like..
Anything you'd like to add I'll bet people would like to know!!

Lee

It doesn't have the torque of the Vmax and the millage is very similar actually. It has a dropped tooth front sprocket. but completely stock.( That is going to change as soon as the parts show up). The brakes and handling are night and day difference from the Vmax. When I rode them back to back it felt like the Vmax had no brakes at all. It is a very fast bike the Vmax would hold its own for a little while probably even be out front from a dead stop it it wouldn't last long esp after 80 or so. Doesn't have the Vmax rush of power, feels more like a electric motor. Just goes.

So your Mod Monkey is wearing a differant set of clothes.. Love to see more pics and a vid if your up too it dude..
Whatcha plan on doin to her?

Great news seeing that you did get the bike sold! Glad to see you are still riding. You mentioned back surgery as the reason to get rid of the Vmax and then you have a bike I would think is bad on your back riding hunched over.

I'm just curious how that works for your back compared to the Vmax.

I never heard of selling a Vmax and going to a sportbike because of a "Bad Back"?? I don't know what kind of back issues you have but I think you will be wanting the Vmax back after a nice long trip or even a good full day of riding. But to me it feels like your position on a sportbike reminds me of sitting on a toilet. Just not into winking my ass at the moon as my meditation guru would say. And your back will hurt worse. JMHO..

Some people may have problems sitting and/or standing in certain positions. If you've never suffered back trauma, you can NEVER judge what position, is or causes, the most pain. Actually, like anything in life, if you've never walked in my shoes, you'll never know. Especially with a Back Injury. There are positions that cause so much pain you'll avoid them completely.

If that's what it took for you to stay on 2 wheels, good job mate!! New bike looks killer!!

I had a lower back surgery. The seat on my Vmax put all the pressure on my lower back. The engine guards made it worse. I found my self leaning over the tank allot on long rides. I still road the Vmax I just dealt with it. The FZ1 is listed on yamaha's site as a "standard" you almost sit upright. Maybe just a slight forward lean just enough to not bother my back at all. It is nothing like a crotch rocket. plus mono shock suspension helps also. I have put 1800 miles on it since I bought it in January. Many day close to 250 miles so it is all good...

Thats exactly why I changed handle bars, seat and went with custom rearsets to get the seating position to where I was most comfortable for my back

Back