• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

saddle bags suggestions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sport bike ones should work pretty well. CorTech?
They work ok. The hard bags are better. I hate the way they look, but if you're over nighting it, They come in handy. I have the 3 piec set-Cortech. They get singed too from the Marks pipes. Turn downs are suggested.
Steve

My favorites are Nelson-Rigg. Motorcyclegear.com has good prices on them.

Do you have the mini (cl900) or the larger cl950? Do you need brackets, heat shields or any thing else to mount them? Thanks everyone, Don

I have the CL-950 (large saddlebags), CL-200 (large tail bag), CL-75 (small tail bag) and a tank bag with the 3 way attachment system. Can't remember the tank bag model number. Great bags...

I have saddlebag supports and have moved the rear turn signals to a bracket on the license plate.

I like my Tourmaster Cruiser III Slants:
IMAG0299.jpg

I have the nelson riggs....but I like the look of thr tourmasters...how are they attached?

They are just thrown over, the combination of a taller bag and shorter rear suspension and I couldn't find any way to get them under the seat. But they aren't on all the time so it doesn't matter. They have webbing and buckles to clip it to the bike front and rear as well.

Also wanted to bump this. I bought a set of the tourmasters but cannot for the life of me figure where/how to use the clip straps on them. Also, I have the stock sissy bar on the back, and with my Corbin seat, the bags sit pretty far forward, almost covering the gas cap top.

Instead of a SaddleBag I bought a Kriega r20 BackPack. Perfect for local commuting and without a doubt the most comfortable Pack you can get. Pricey but worth every penny. Kriega make tail Bags as well. Just a thought anyhow.

KarmaKatt
VMOA 5652

i have an ogio backpack ill prob use for local commutes to carry my latop and things. i wish there was better luggage options as well.

i have an ogio backpack ill prob use for local commutes to carry my latop and things. i wish there was better luggage options as well.

I was looking at the Ogio Mach 3 and had a discussion with a Revzilla Salesguy. I think the Ogio is the coolest looking Pack out there and that was the reason I had my heart set on it. Kriega was mentioned and instantly I knew it didn't have the cool factor. But I pulled the pin and went with the r20. If you ever have a chance to put one on, you'll wonder why everything you own wasn't designed so perfectly. It is one of the finest items ive ever owned. I just assume the rest of their products are as perfect.

I was looking at some bags the other day. I layed them across the back seat and really liked them. The only thing though is they were laying against my springs but they were "hard backed" for lack of better terms and made of leather to match my leather fork bag. Will this cause any issues??

:ummm::ummm::ummm:

Back