Saddlebags for V-max 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack6109518

Reaction score
Hey fellas.

I just got my 2006 V-max last month (freakin' love it!) and wanted to know if you have any suggestions for good saddlebags. They don't have to be big just something to put a couple tools, sunglasses, phone, wallet, shirt, hat, etc. in.

Thank you.

If you find out what looks good on them, let me know too would ya? I'm still looking for luggage that looks right. Also a 2006 in Mi. Waving at ya!

I decided on a roll bag on a luggage rack.

It holds what I need for a day ride, even during rallies when it rains.

img_2489-jpg.88469
Not seeing the picture for "img_2489-jpg.88469" The hyperlink shows:

1681756815417.png

My 07, rear turn signal relocate, modified a couple brackets out of flat bar and add any size bags you want. Modified the rear backrest to accommodate a T bag for trips and knapsack for lunch and things for daily driver to work.

Attachments

• C6CF4587-AFD5-441C-AC22-71989C5FDE04.jpeg
    C6CF4587-AFD5-441C-AC22-71989C5FDE04.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Looks good, and lots of space in those bags! I have Saddleman top bag, and it's enough for short trips in and out of town, now with a DIY rack I made. And I can put the second one, smaller, on the passenger seat if traveling solo. But that's not enough to securely store 2 full modular helmets. And here, leaving soft bags when parking is not secure - lots of opportunistic thieves in Vancouver, but also when you park the bike to go hiking. So, I planning a longer trip alone with stops for sightseeing, I will get hard bags.

The top I think will be Kappa Monokey K56n for long trips, and something smaller like around 35 - 46 liters for daily riding. I'm not decided yet on the saddlebags, but also in the 35-40 liters range.

Attached older photo of my bike with Saddleman bag on the passenger seat.

Attachments

• stan-vmax-sissybag.jpg
    stan-vmax-sissybag.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1
Back