Safe to use jack?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
Hello

I have a Craftsman motorcycle jack and I'm wondering if it is safe to lift my stock 85 on it. The only reason I ask is that the pipes run under the bike and it looks as though all 600 lbs would be resting on them if I use the jack.

I have used the same type of jack on a max with stock, kerker and HMF with no issues - you should be fine

Mike

I've often wondered the same, but I guess those header pipes are pretty strong. It's still a lot of weight though..

So far I've always used a combination of the center stand and axle stands under the engine guards - works a treat.

i typically will put her on the center stand and put a bottle jack under the oil pan

I've jacked them up by the headers many times. The only problem is if you try to run the bike at the same time. It tends to melt the rubber liner lol.

Sean

I used 4x4 peices than the jack. Eventually going to make somthign out or 1" square steel tubing so i can use my regualr jack instead of borrowing a freinds mc jack.

Back