Salvage title cars in Arizona

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
Hey all, throwing out a new thread to gauge personal opinions.....

The state of Arizona is one of the few states nationwide that brands a title as salvage automatically when a vehicle is stolen. I don't agree with it, especially since there could be minimal or no damage in the theft (i.e. my current scenario).

My truck (03 2WD Ram Quad Cab Hemi) is on the market right now, and has a salvage/rebuilt title for the above mentioned reason. My biggest dilemma is coming up with a reasonable price. How would you determine a reasonable sell price on a vehicle in this situation?

I'm working on a 96 Ford Explorer that's in excellent condition and only has 71,000 miles on it. 5.0 V-8, Heavy duty tranny and suspension and a 3:73-1 LS Rear Gear. It went on a Rebuild Title because the body repair was going to cost more than the insurance company was willing to spend. They totaled it and sold it back to me for $328.00 a couple years ago. If I were to sell it,,, it would be worth diddlee squat. As a range truck to carry my firearms to the shooting range, it'll be priceless to me.. Wish me luck getting it off the rebuild title to the rebuilt title... I'm almost done with the repairs, finally. I only have about $500.00 and a lot of hours in it at this point...

Good Luck, don't know what you should ask as a selling price but I do know the title you have will make it much lower than a clean title...

:punk: Hey Kozy, Yes those Salvage titles make for no resale value. Make sure you state salvage title in the add so people will not shoot you when they come to buy it. Ha Ha, Spurs

In Ky. there are ways to clean a title, not sure about else where. I will explain how it is done in Ky. if you send me a P.M. Then you can look to see if you can do something of the same like in your state.

:punk: Hey Kozy, Yes those Salvage titles make for no resale value. Make sure you state salvage title in the add so people will not shoot you when they come to buy it. Ha Ha, Spurs

Haha thanks Steve, I definitely do have that included in my Craigslist ad as well as a lengthy explanation of how it's a salvage/rebuilt title because of theft, not damage. I have my own gun at the ready though if anyone tries to pull any funny business :biglaugh:

In Ky. there are ways to clean a title, not sure about else where. I will explain how it is done in Ky. if you send me a P.M. Then you can look to see if you can do something of the same like in your state.

So long story short, the truck was branded as "salvage" and then was taken to be inspected and certified as a "rebuilt" title and not salvage. Unfortunately, for most people's concern, that's the same thing. I'll PM you just for the hell of it though.

Well I was able to make out on this deal!! Sold the truck for $500 more than I bought it for a year and a half ago. Can't beat that! Picked up a near-mint condition 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan with a clean title. Lovin it!

Back