SASY VBoost Controller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
The Vmax is often referred to as the Chevy of the streetfighter scene and if you have ever experienced the rush of a Chevy stroker V8 when those Holley secondary throttles cut in, you?ll understand what Vboost on the Max is all about.

I?ve installed the SASY Vboost Controller on my ?88 and after running around for a few days I thought I?d offer some comments on the product.

SASY was developed by a Vmax rider for Vmax riders.

SASY is different to the Vboost modification kits that have been around for some time now which give riders limited control over the behaviour of the Vboost servo-motor. Typical Vboost kits allow the boost to be triggered at 3000 RPM, 6000 RPM or instantaneous, rather than the stock 6k setting.

SASY offers a compact sized box of electronics that connects the standard electrical fittings of the Vboost controller and the Vmax wiring harness with matching fittings. This means ANY NOOB can fit this gadget in about 10 minutes without stuffing it up because there are no wires to cut, splice, solder or short and only one possible way the unit can connect to the standard connectors. This also means the bike can be reverted to stock in the same (or less) amount of time.

The unit mounts under the stock handlebar clamp for riders who want to change or check settings but is could also live under the faux tank in set-and-forget mode.

When your ignition is turned on the SASY LED array runs a system check and a visual light show that David Hasselhoff would be envious of. You can reset your settings at any time but once you are satisfied with your selected settings, the system retains them when the ignition is turned off.

With SASY installed, the V-boost signals are now intercepted by SASY and given some additional functions.

These additional functions are;

1)Rev Limiter Setup ? This is not a kill switch and should really be referred to as a ?Boost Limiter? It allows you to specify the upper RPM range at which the Vboost unit will turn off. The rider will feel the opposite of the Vboost thrust as the bike loses boost power but continues to accelerate. The RPM redline is a good place to set the boost limiter and Vboost will begin to close 200 RPM before that limit.

2)Shift Light Setup ? SASY has an output for the shift light of your choice or you can make your own shift light to suit your setup. The light comes on at the riders preselected shift point (no kidding) but you can also use this voltage signal to actuate gear shift solenoids or other RPM triggered servo applications. Trigger points are 1800, 2500, 3000, 4500, 6000 and OFF.

3)Normal Mode Setup ? This allows the rider to set the trigger point for Vboost activation. Setup is easy. Just turn on the ignition, start the bike and press the select button on the control panel until the LED display on SASY corresponds to the desired trigger point. Trigger points are 1800, 2500, 3000, 4500, 6000 and OFF. By the way, the selection cannot be altered if the bike is running over 1200 rpm. This dissuades riders from reprogramming SASY while lane splitting or sending a text message on their mobile.

4)Instant Boost ?Boostaholics will love the instant boost button that mounts under either your left or right hand handlebar switch housing. Press this button at any time and you get boost. Good if you are into stoplight racing or you just want to overtake in a hurry.

I?ve set my boost unit to cut in at 4500 RPM and the boost limiter is set to 9000. I found that for the urban riding I mostly do, 4500 is an ideal cut in point.

I do not use the shift light at the moment but I will make a custom shift light with some billet tube and LED?s from my local electronics store for a fraction of the cost of a production shift light.

This morning was wet so I started the bike and pressed the Vboost selection to OFF and disabled boost. I could just as easily raised the boost trigger to the standard 6000 RPM.

I expect some riders will have to re-tune their carbs if they want to use more boost at lower RPM ranges or leave it on permanently. At lower RPM settings the rate at which Vboost opens up increases. At the 1800 setting it begins to open at 1800 RPM and is fully open by 2430 RPM. (good news for the stoplight racer - a range of just 630 RPM)! At 6000 setting, which is normal, the range is 2270 RPM till fully open.

Value for money? You be the judge. For the functions it offers, its simplicity of installation, setup and use, I feel it?s the best bang for buck performance enhancement going.

The SASY costs $AUS 287 which included postage. That?s about $US 235.

[FONT=&quot]You can get it here http://www.enhancetech.com.au/

[/FONT]

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 71
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 70
  • SASY Metallic Kit.jpg
    SASY Metallic Kit.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 88
  • Button n SASY on bike.jpg
    Button n SASY on bike.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 98
I have this on mine as well... I don't think I paid anywhere near that for it though.

150.00 seems closer to what I paid. Mine is black though.

I was worried it would look out of place but it looks great! :thumbs up:

I don't use the rev limiter as it didn't seem to do squat! I have a shift light though...

Cheers

I have this on mine as well... I don't think I paid anywhere near that for it though.

150.00 seems closer to what I paid. Mine is black though.

I was worried it would look out of place but it looks great! :thumbs up:

I don't use the rev limiter as it didn't seem to do squat! I have a shift light though...

Cheers

I thought that at first and then re-read the setup instructions (as a last resot, read the manual) to discover I had not set it properly.

Reset it and it works great. The instructions on boost limiting can be found on the enhancetech web site.

How long ago did you get your SASY unit? The U.S. dollar has been falling against the Aus dollar for a while now. Maybe you had a better exchange rate when you purchased?

I thought that at first and then re-read the setup instructions (as a last resot, read the manual) to discover I had not set it properly.

Reset it and it works great. The instructions on boost limiting can be found on the enhancetech web site.

How long ago did you get your SASY unit? The U.S. dollar has been falling against the Aus dollar for a while now. Maybe you had a better exchange rate when you purchased?

Yeah I don't have the instant v-boost button though. Not that I would use it...:confused2:

I bought mine here... http://www.fl-motorsports.com/parts_01.asp It was cheaper than buying it direct.
:thumbs up:

Yeah I don't have the instant v-boost button though. Not that I would use it...:confused2:

I bought mine here... http://www.fl-motorsports.com/parts_01.asp It was cheaper than buying it direct.
:thumbs up:
Hey, Would you happen to have a copy of the Sasy operators manual ? I have a unit on the 92 I just bought and would like to set it up properly Thanks in advance
Beanie

Sorry but my vmax runs no where near like a Chevrolet cause it actually runs lol

Back