Sat. May 17 in N.E. Florida-vintage show

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're in NE FL on Sat. May 17, you better be here:
http://ridingintohistory.org/the-event/#theevent
St. Augustine FL

Riding into History Concours d’Elegance
Saturday, May 17, 2014, 10am-4pm The Councours d’Elegance is again held at the WGV. As always,no entry fee for qualified motorcycles, great gifts and outstanding awards. Spectator admission is just $10. Gates open at 10am, $10 entry fee, proceeds to benefit K9s for Warriors.

It's gotten write-ups in CW and Motorcyclist, and there will probably be lots of stars, including my friend here, who has something to do with this year's event. I told him I don't want to be in the spotlight, though. :biglaugh:

Another of my acquaintances, Don Bradley, is the artist for the event poster, once-again. Don has toured in the past on his Vincent around New England from his home in Palm Beach Co. FL, where he runs a small machine shop doing jobs he feels like doing, and curating his artwork.

For some strange reason, I wanna bologna sandwich...

Attachments

• Motorcycles 2011 Daytona-elsewhere 094.jpg
    Motorcycles 2011 Daytona-elsewhere 094.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
Up early to drive 4 hrs to this show. I'll have on a vintage Yamaha t-shirt w/a TD-1 on it.

I have a lotta pics but I will have to wait until I get home, we are in Melbourne FL right now. The weather couldn't have been better. There was a great variety, something for everyone, USA, British, Spanish, German, and Japanese bikes. I also made some great contacts for parts & etc for my old piles awaiting restoration. From the sound of things, I could have sold all of them if I didn't wantt to work on them any more. I was a bit ssurprised as I didn't see even 1 VMax either in the show or the parking lot.

The Barber Museum brought some bikes and had a good display, gonna have to go there sometime.

There were some new bikes there too, and I really-liked the looks of the BMW twin the nine T (yes, say, "90") which apparently has sold-out of this year's production already. $16K. You have to see it in the flesh to appreciate it. http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/the_new_bmw_r_nine_t/ I had an R100RT BMW and loved it, I went back & forth to graduate school on that bike and surprised a lot of H-D's too. I bought my first VMax a year later and used the BMW less, and finally sold it to a friend from MI who flew to FL and who rode it home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 9
I'm guessing the picture is the "90"?. Yeah, I want to see your pics too.

Back