save your hearing if you use beany helmets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
I've been using these ear muffs for the past 3 years, I am using a beanie half helmet ( brain bucket ) helmet , I know what some would feel about using this kind of helmet vs the full face helmet.
I use it because I put on and remove the helmet ~ 15 times from 8:00 to 5:00 so to me using the full face one is a big pain, the problem with the beanie helmets is that your ears are not covered and the wind noise plus the dust are just unbearable so I started using ear plugs every time I ride and now I never ride without them but still the wind rushing on the my ears was just uncomfortable especially in winter when it gets cold, we'r taking about California winters:)
one day I was at a sporting goods store in the skying section and found this ear warmer / muff since then I always use them even in summer time as they permit some air and feel very comfortable.

Being subjected to the wind sound on a daily bases will eventually lead to hearing loss so it is a good idea to always use an ear plug even with a full face helmet but if you are like me and prefer to use a half helmet using these ear muffs makes riding very comfortable and you still hear fire engines and cars brakes clearly.:th_people557:
http://www.bigbangproducts.com/ear_warmers.html
________
Honda CT50 Motra specifications

Last edited:
Do you use these now with your ear plugs or instead of earplugs? I'd rather have an ear plug that fits over your ear (rather then in your ear canal) but still fits under a full helmet.

If I am going to go out and really burn up the roads I like to listen to my mp3 player under a full face helmet.This is highly illegal in PA. but so is riding at 130mph and passing every car that gets in the way.

You can find them at ski stores, I use the ear canal plug and these at the same time, I never ride without them.
________
Maverick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back