Save yourself $50...relay-relearned

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Lemme just start by saying thank you to those of you who helped when I had starter relay questions about swapping for a Venture relay.

But heres the low down that might save ya $50...

They look the same,they smell the same,they feel the same,and they probably taste the same...but a Venture relay wont start your V-Max without pliars to jump the terminals.:bang head:

Having in series fixed:
1)My fried ignition
2)My fried kill AND start switches
3)And finally putting my stock relay back in...

She runs like a top and starts with ease. All is well again in the world of Ace.Thanks gents!:biglaugh:

That's weird........I would have thought they were the same.....

Thanks for setting me straight.....

I like to learn from OTHERS mistakes:biglaugh:

Just funnin' ya.......thanks for the tip......glad you got it sorted out:clapping:

Depending on what system is used on the motorbike there are 2 sorts of relays.1 type uses an earth wire to activate the relay and the other type uses a positive feed to activate.You can use pliers or a piece of steel to bridge the terminals of both types of start relays.Cheers Kevman.

Yes, for whatever reason it seems most of the Venture stuff has opposite polarity to make the various sending units work.

Sean

Yes Sean I admit you were right, but KJ was right too. The part numbers were the same and with enough trying and tryin I mighta been able to hook it up backwards or somthing and make it work but hey easier to just get the right one!

Latest posts

Back