Say aye if your guilty.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extra parts that you dont really need

• You always need extra

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Traumahawk

Reaction score
How many people here buy parts that they don't need now, but MIGHT need in the future, or stuff that is such a good deal.....you just cant pass it up?

I've had the bike now for a little bit over 2 years, I have a couple of extra air boxes, and extra wiring harness, extra scoops, and extra rear fender, 3 drive shafts, 2 swing arms, and 2 extra stock seats, an extra gauge cluster, extra preload adjusters.....

There is no hope for me is there?:ummm:

You might want to look into going to a few MMA (Mod Monkey Anonymous) meetings.
That Crazy Little Monkey has you by the short and curly's ! :rofl_200:

Just about enough parts to build another one, another half motor. Isn't it prudent to have a few extra sets of carbs?

My name is Steve-0 and I'm a maxaholic. Once I start I can't stop. I've tried everything, including riding a Victory.

Before this all happened I used to go to Over Sexed Anonymous hoping for a relapse.

Hahaha. I'm far from the worst offender but I do have some spare stuff on hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well it seems like I will have plenty of people to go to meetings with me.....lol.

That's great Tim !!!
I think song describes what any of us would try (with Gen 2 parts) if we worked at Yamaha.

I blow all you guys away except for Danny's carb stash. I tell the wife, " it not extra, I NEED this"
Do you think she believes me?! LOL
Going strong since 1986!

I blow all you guys away except for Danny's carb stash. I tell the wife, " it not extra, I NEED this"
Going strong since 1986!

WHAT? Stash, no way....I gotta have them....I work on them....well, maybe not ALL of 'em but some of them....sometimes....and the market is always........

OK....AYE!! :worthy:~~~~~~:hihi:

The only problem I have is that very few stock Vmax parts fit Toxic anymore. Have a friend who loves to go "shopping" in my garage for stock parts. Think I have filled the shelves of his over the past few years....... And yet I still have spares on the shelf just because you never know what you may need.

I bought an 09' so I can have something to ride while my 85 'will be on the lift for a while waiting to install mods ,paint ,chrome,powder coat and just plain figure out what the hell to do next ..

You know with the first Gen, there is just SO MUCH stuff that you can do with these bikes, and it all comes down to what you like....and what you can afford.

[COLOR="[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow"]I blow all you guys away except for Danny's carb stash. I tell the wife, " it not extra, I NEED this"[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Going strong since 1986!

My wife and I both hope you're correct. :punk:

Latest posts

Back