• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scoop inserts, intake covers, and radiator cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Brad

Reaction score
Wanted to see what kind of interest there may be for some trim pieces. I just took some older trim pieces (scoop inserts, intake cover, and a radiator cover to local shop to get a cad file made of profile and bolt layout. Artwork/ designs are tbd. The guy told me once he has the profile and layout the design is nearly unlimited and takes minimal engineering on their end to program. I don't have anything in hand to sell yet but once I have the first run I'll post some pics. Let me know if you have any interest. Cost will depend on material. I'm prob getting mild steel to paint, but stainless and aluminum will be available. Price is tentative at $30-50 for scoop inserts and intake covers, and $40-60 for a rad insert piece. Let me know if you guys think those prices are fair enough to move.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Like these? It's been awhile since I had some lasered out but I am sure we still have the file. I had the scoops inserts done too but the ebay stainless ones were way to cheap to compete with.

Attachments

• Radiator Inserts.jpg
    Radiator Inserts.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2012-11-17_12-09-57_490.jpg
    2012-11-17_12-09-57_490.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 2012-11-17_12-09-32_898.jpg
    2012-11-17_12-09-32_898.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Rad Grill Cover.jpg
    Rad Grill Cover.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 46
  • Superman Rad Screen.jpg
    Superman Rad Screen.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 43
Like these? It's been awhile since I had some lasered out but I am sure we still have the file. I had the scoops inserts done too but the ebay stainless ones were way to cheap to compete with.
Yeah, I didn't have the radiator side pieces though. I was going to do some different stuff design wise. They have some cool designs already programmed, sports logos, wildlife, random artsy cutouts. What do the eBay scoop inserts go for?

I don't think I can "sell" a sports logo, on second thought. So if I do an Oregon duck piece it will be for personal use.

$35 for the pair of stainless inserts on ebay - eBay item number:391940107604
$20 for the pair of stainless with exactrep - http://exactrep.com/acatalog/--Air-Scoop-Front-Grilles--pair--Stainless---Exactrep-2002-96-1.html

I could probably do them for around a similar price but there just aren't many being sold. Maybe having a custom option like you mention might help sell some but costs would be higher if not done in qty.

The screens across the front are in the $80-$100 range from exactrep and I think just the insert only like I posted a picture of is less expensive then that (I know I wasn't charging as much). Again not a high mover item. ALSO, be cautious about these. They need to be a very minimal design with a lot of open holes to allow airflow.

Thanks Sean, I saw the eBay ones. Pretty cool but only one design, that I could find. I know I'm going to have my own custom design made so I will just post some pics and see if anyone is interested. If not, no biggie, they are only charging me $75 for the file making so at least I'll have it if I get some ideas. Absolutely on the rad screen. How does that superman screen attach btw?

Here is a pic of the scoop and radiator trim I took in from the 85. May make some identical to paint, Or just had the idea of raven cutouts on the scoop inserts for Odin. The old ones look fine from a distance but up close you can tell the cutouts are pretty rough, and I couldn't get them to polish for crap. They took someone a good amount of time to build I'm guessing but not very precise.
50b35164544fa45d0dde5288863bf4f0.jpg

I got my quote from the metal place if I order 5 of each I could get the price down to $30 on a pair of SS scoop inserts and $45 for a radiator trim piece. They are same as pictures above. Aluminum are only a little bit less. If anyone is interested please let me know. I would like to do a run of at least 5 but i also dont want extra parts just floating around. Price doesn't include shipping.

Got my parts cut. Turned out pretty nice. Bolt fitment is good but radiator piece is held out a bit by the original grill. I used a template peice that was off my 85. I never checked it on the 05. I don't think it is an issue. Is there a difference in radiator grills on any years? Should I just tighten the new insert down enough to bend the grill in at the mounting tabs so it sucks in a little more?
be6730029caff06b250241d4aa8c2ba1.jpg
efb7ca12a8fa95b1d7b4e6348f5e4970.jpg

Back