Scope the o ring ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Is it possible to see if you have a o ring problem through the oil drain hole if you had a scope. Just wondering ? Instead of dropping the pan.

Anybody know ?:confused2:

http://www.carbtune.co.uk/c.com/fibrescope.html

It doesn't have to be that good, this one is way too much - but it may also come in handy to check out your honey with it ! Sorry my mind just wondered....

I'll have to look. If you could get a peepee cam you might be in business.

Sean

It was a serious question and a sarcastic comment. Sorry.:confused2:

I thought it was a good question and I'd like to know also. I was trying to figure out what Sean was talking about! :ummm:

well, when you go to the doc's office and have him put a scope up your peepee you'll know exactly what I am talking about!

Sean

well, when you go to the doc's office and have him put a scope up your peepee you'll know exactly what I am talking about!

Sean

LOL.... OK now that is too much info! :barf: But thanks for clearing that up.

There are a few things in this world that I do want to know about........ peepee cams are right up there with :th_analprobestare:

Other than that this is a good ?? One would think that you could get a fibre optic camera up through the drain hole and have a look at the o-ring. :hmmm:

Sean, what were they checking you out for??lol

Ive had the giant Q tip down the old shaft ouuuch! they had to peel me off the ceiling.lol

Thankfully I've never needed one. I did have a freind that his old lady needed to be scoped which I'm sure wasn't very fun.

I believe the correct term is endoscope.

I want to get a medical grade version which can be moved up and down - side to side while it is inserted from remote controls. That way you can snake it in and bend it to view the area.

They are damn expensive though.

Sean

Just for info, here is a pic of my new oil pipe assembly by my old one. You can see where the new one restricts the movement more and rides higher in the tube. You can see where the old o-ring is creased. The displaced o-ring pic is not of mine as I did not take one. However, it looked exactly like the on in the picture.

Attachments

• CIMG0004 - Resize.jpg
    CIMG0004 - Resize.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Displaced O-Ring.jpg
    Displaced O-Ring.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 32
Back