Scorpion EXO 1000 RPM

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Just bought a new Scorpion EXO1000 RPM. This helmet fits well and is quiet. Features include easy-to-change face shield, integrated sunvisor, and an air-pocket system that you can inflate to have the helmet fit more snugly if needed.

Blaine

Had one, got rid of it. Thing fell apart on me in less than a year. Chin piece fell off, chin vent broke off while riding, lost a spring in the face shield hinge, and the list goes on. They may have improved their QC since I bought mine, but keep an eye on it. At the first sign of problems return it to where you bought it and have them get the Scorpion rep to fix it. I waited, ordered the parts through a dealer under warranty, and they never showed up.

I have one. I upgraded from the EXO 700 after my crash.
Last month I caught the little vent on the top on a counter edge and broke it off. I emailed Scorpion, and The Helmet Shop, where I bought it.
They replaced the complete vent assembly on the top no charge within a week They had it and put it on for me.

I have a Scorpion but it doesn't fit my head... It's a 700. My other issue with it, is it's heavy. The 1000 is even heavier. I am an Arai guy. There's a reason they cost more IMO.

Chris

I also have an EXO700 in great shape. I only had it for a month when my brother bought me a Shoei RF1000; he didn't know I bought the 700. The Shoei didn't fit and I found out my brother lost the receipt. Fortunately, a local shop took the Shoei in on the EXO1000, even trade. They didn't have another Shoei that would fit me. I'll definately keep Arai in mind for the future, thanks.

Blaine

On the subject of helmets - shoie makes a great looking helmet - blue with twin racing stripes - and i want to snag it - however, it's quite expensive and I already have a semi-matching helmet as is.

Hard to go wrong with Shoei or Arai. Scorpion is starting to make a dent in the market but they may have to step up quality control (as per Jim's concern) and weight (as 4gasem mentioned).

Blaine

Latest posts

Back