screaming mad dragster sound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i take the hindle muffler off, so it's a straight pipe 4-1, it sounds similar to that. I messed around with random exhaust laying in my garage and extended the pipe and that changed the sound as well. It was LOUD though!

I agree Heretic. UFO's exhaust systems look and sound like shit:ummm:
They don't gain anything but...Look at me :attention: Just like straight pipes on a twinkie HD. Hell, IMO.. my low cost slip on S-Trapps with adjustable open end caps sound and perform better then UFO & Cornells steal your dollar exhaust systems.:confused2:

I *love* that video. I like how the camera shakes and moves away.
I love the sound that exhaust makes too. I'd love to hear one in person though, so I could decide if it really was too loud.

You need to hear the old original Hindle 4-1 with big tube pipes. They are killer. We are in fact in the middle of testing different exhausts and jet kit sets and will even be testing carb setups soon. So far we have a UFO dragstar, UFO 4-2, Kerker with one of our Carbon Mufflers, and a Big tube 4-1 Hindle. We are also testing the dyna 3000, Stage seven, raised stacks and my jet kit. I have a set of 39 flatslides, 41 flatsides, and maybe even a couple of other carb setups.

Everything is being documented and to make it fair we are tuning each system to the best we can get it.

All of it is being done on the same bike. Perhaps if anyone wants to send a header we don't have we can compare it too.

I will try to start a thread in the muscle section soon to keep everyone updated.

Sean

I just picked up a ufo 4-1 system for $400, no dents or dings, chrome is all in good shape. I couldn't pass it up for the price. I love the sound and it really isn't THAT loud, but I am deaf in one ear so ???? Anyway I look forward to the results Sean and soon to follow is a muscle carb kit.

Richard

You need to hear the old original Hindle 4-1 with big tube pipes. They are killer. We are in fact in the middle of testing different exhausts and jet kit sets and will even be testing carb setups soon. So far we have a UFO dragstar, UFO 4-2, Kerker with one of our Carbon Mufflers, and a Big tube 4-1 Hindle. We are also testing the dyna 3000, Stage seven, raised stacks and my jet kit. I have a set of 39 flatslides, 41 flatsides, and maybe even a couple of other carb setups.

Everything is being documented and to make it fair we are tuning each system to the best we can get it.

All of it is being done on the same bike. Perhaps if anyone wants to send a header we don't have we can compare it too.

I will try to start a thread in the muscle section soon to keep everyone updated.

Sean
wicked cant wait to see the results sean :punk:

the video sure does sound like a pissed off dragster, just like it suppose to hahaha

No, it's the smaller tube. The big tube is 2.5" at the collector and all the way out. I've only seen a couple of them.

Sean

So in otherwords, your pipe don't measure up... :rofl_200: I couldn't resist, if your a bud, ya have to get teased a little :).

here is breaking another video out of the cobweb vault. its a Kerker 4-2-1 (Thanks again Sean for a great pipe and a great deal), with a carbon muff and a supertrapp muff comparison. TURN IT UP!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFReKb_Vdk

and a variety of sounds when I was changing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-PyY9TaZ4

Needless to say I was fond of the supertrapp sound, but once I cut down the carbon fiber muff (yes I know I misspelled it in the video) from 18" to 13" I was sold.

Insert your southpark immatation here "Brahhh blaahh blahhh blahhh."

how about this one KJ?

mmm cant upload video :bang head:

ouch !!!,

you tease :biglaugh:, hrmm no, that sounded gay, and I'm not a harley rider :rofl_200:

LOL, I can't wait till the 2010 ride. it's going to be good to meet up with you guys !!!

These things sound good with open pipes:punk:

I gotta get some more Supertrapp discs........

Blubblubblub.......BRAAAP...BRAAAAAAAAP........blubblubblub:rofl_200:

Seems like your bike makes a little noise too:rofl_200:

Ya you know it - it's amazing really, at idle and cruise those Jardines are almost as quiet as stock, but when you open it up they REALLY bark out loud!

I still lov'em :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back