Seafoam Question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentsee

Reaction score
Hey guys I did a search and couldn't find any info on the usage of SEAFOAM.I bought some this weekend and put an ounce in my tank after it sat all winter.I'm just wondering how often you are supposed to use it and how much each time.Thanks!!p.s I did read here somewhere to use an ounce by the way I just can't seem to find the post again.

Hey guys I did a search and couldn't find any info on the usage of SEAFOAM.I bought some this weekend and put an ounce in my tank after it sat all winter.I'm just wondering how often you are supposed to use it and how much each time.Thanks!!p.s I did read here somewhere to use an ounce by the way I just can't seem to find the post again.

I usually put about a quarter of a bottle of seafoam in the gas before I store it for the winter and fill the tank up, but I am storing it for three to four months. After I run through that tank in the spring, I will run an ounce or two per tank for the next two tanks and then I save the rest for mid summer cleaning and the next season.

I usually put about a quarter of a bottle of seafoam in the gas before I store it for the winter and fill the tank up, but I am storing it for three to four months. After I run through that tank in the spring, I will run an ounce or two per tank for the next two tanks and then I save the rest for mid summer cleaning and the next season.

+1:punk:

Olives will plug up the idle circuits, they must be crushed and the juice strained! :biglaugh:

The little sticks in the olives wreak havoc with your carb chains also....they get jammed in the roller links and make your carbs get all out of sync.

I've seen Seafoam work some pretty amazing miracles, and if you get an engine running on gas but then pipe the stuff right into the carb it will run on straight seafoam. I've done that, wait till the exhaust gets nice and smoky, then choke the engine until it stalls. Wait like an hour, give it a shot of ether and run it on gas again. Smoke clears out and it runs like new.

However, I do have to put a vote in for the Fitch "catalyst" pellets. I dropped one pack of them in the Max's gas tank last fall and left it, the tank was like half full. This spring I put the choke on, cycled the key a couple times until the fuel pump stopped clicking, hit the starter and it fired right up, settled right down into a smooth idle almost instantly. Stale fuel did not seem to be an issue, and the bike had been sitting for about 5 months. Took it for a ride and it ran fine. Whiffed the tank and there wasn't even a hint of varnish smell. Otherwise I did absolutely nothing to "winterize" the bike. The battery was a bit flat, but still started the bike and charged right back up. Otherwise....totally fine. Almost like it's got EFI.

So at worst, it does nothing. At best, it's an honest-to-goodness "miracle alloy" that keeps fuel fresh(they claim nearly indefinetly, but at least for a northeast off-season).

I have given up on seafoam to clean out gunk.

I have had much better luck with Techron, after pouring pints of seafoam, to no avail.

And I've gone back to Stabil for long term storage.

I guess to each his own, but I've never found sta-bil to be terribly effective. I've used it in snowblowers and my "2 stroke can" that I use for the weedwacker and chainsaw, neither of which I use terribly often. After a year or so the gas smelled strongly of varnish. Stuff still ran okay on it, but we're talking 50cc 2 stroke poppers here, not high precision machines.

RaWarrior said:
I guess to each his own, but I've never found sta-bil to be terribly effective. I've used it in snowblowers and my "2 stroke can" that I use for the weedwacker and chainsaw, neither of which I use terribly often. After a year or so the gas smelled strongly of varnish. Stuff still ran okay on it, but we're talking 50cc 2 stroke poppers here, not high precision machines.
Those 50cc engines are marvels....power to weight ratios are fantastic.....I love 2stroke engines.....and they certainly are high precision but simple machines.

Sta-bil works as a stabilizer.....but it certainly does not clean anything.....

How many times do I have to say it!
SEAFOAM AND VODKA! Equal parts, pour it in and ride!:rofl_200:

And you all thought I was kidding.

seafoam works ok....but it will foul plugs if yu over do it lol:rofl_200:

i posted elsewhere about stabil marine formula...now this stuff i like!!! my bike came outta storage as if i had just shut it off the day before. my buddie used the red stuff and he had a helluva time gittin his bike started and runnin good.
course it is a harley:rofl_200:

50cc engines are marvels of engineering in that they can dole out nearly limitless amounts of frustration to the operator on such a reliable basis. Namely because their carburetor passageways and jets are about the size of a hair, so if they sit more more than about 30 minutes they get clogged.

Every summer it's a big hassle to make the weedeater and chainsaw come out of hibernation. Usually requires lots of ether, lots of carb cleaner, and lots of swearing.

Power to weight? I'm not sure they're really anything special. The weedeater puts out .75hp and weighs about 15lbs. My 10hp Briggs weighs 55lbs wet and starts as reliably as the sunrise.

50cc engines are marvels of engineering in that they can dole out nearly limitless amounts of frustration to the operator on such a reliable basis. Namely because their carburetor passageways and jets are about the size of a hair, so if they sit more more than about 30 minutes they get clogged.

Every summer it's a big hassle to make the weedeater and chainsaw come out of hibernation. Usually requires lots of ether, lots of carb cleaner, and lots of swearing.

Power to weight? I'm not sure they're really anything special. The weedeater puts out .75hp and weighs about 15lbs. My 10hp Briggs weighs 55lbs wet and starts as reliably as the sunrise.

I have never had a problem with my Weedeater or any of my chainsaws.....Just lucky I guess:confused2:

In RC cars they have 2 stroke engines that weigh less than a pound that put out over a horsepower and fit in the palm of your hand.....:eusa_dance:

I use seafoam in my Vmax with each tank. A little dash with each tank. I get about 4 tanks per seafoam can.

I have never had a problem with my Weedeater or any of my chainsaws.....Just lucky I guess:confused2:

In RC cars they have 2 stroke engines that weigh less than a pound that put out over a horsepower and fit in the palm of your hand.....:eusa_dance:

like these. The Warhead puts out over two HP and weighs 11lbs.

Attachments

• revo pic's (3).jpg
    revo pic's (3).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Warhead (4).jpg
    Warhead (4).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
  • BajaB (8).jpg
    BajaB (8).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 11
anyone know if seafoam will help to clean injectors or will it hurt them?

Back