Seafoam+shotgun carb cleaning= Wow!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nidyanazo

Reaction score
Never had her run so good!

I did the shotgun cleaning method I saw on here, and used b12 chemtool, and 100psi. I added seafoam to the gas tank, and also sprayed it (did you know it comes in aerosol form too?) in the carbs with the bike running as I throttled it up to keep it from dying. After all was done, the bike runs like a champ. Butter smooth throttle response and rev up's, and low throttle cruising is MUCH improved. Completely worth it- for anyone, even if you aren't experiencing extreme bad symptoms, do it anyway. The only thing "wrong" with my bike before was lumpy cold idle, so I thought I'd give it a try- I never knew how much better the motor could run. So just a big thanks for to the forum and the guys doing writeups- very helpful. I'd say take the 30-45mins and do it, what a great difference it made! :punk:

This forum has helped me more then once more like got me back into the vmax world . I thought I was the only nut about the max out there . The way I look at it the more I save by doing my own work myself I get to feed the monkey and I can chip in to forum as a supporter ( I encourage all to help out ):punk:

Now don't you think the forum could make good use of a donation to keep it running at 100%? It just payed you forward...

Right on! A donation is always much appreciated.
Who knows what you will tackle next!

Did the Shotgun and Peashooter. Doesn't want stay idling and pops in the exhaust. What could be wrong? The reving is smooth but it just won't idle without the choke. When the choke is off, I have it turn up the idle all the way. Then after a while it revs to 4k since it's idle is set too high. Turn idle down and it stalls. :bang head:

Did the Shotgun and Peashooter. Doesn't want stay idling and pops in the exhaust. What could be wrong? The reving is smooth but it just won't idle without the choke. When the choke is off, I have it turn up the idle all the way. Then after a while it revs to 4k since it's idle is set too high. Turn idle down and it stalls. :bang head:

Pilot jets still clogged.

Yep, the shotgun doesn't always work. Do yourself a favor, take them off and send them to DannyMax, he'll fix you right up! :punk:

Pull the carbs and inspect all the rubber boots for hardness and cracking. It sounds like a lean condition,but not limited to the boots. Our carbs need to be in sync too. When the shotgun doesn't work, a complete tear down,cleaning could be in order. +1,Dannymax is a good choice for getting your carbs back to new condition.
Steve-o

A complete tear down is something I'm about to start. Bike has run for almost a year now. Shotgun method didn't work.

Latest posts

Back