Seafoam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
Hi fellas-

Once again I can't use the search function on my phone but I'd like to add some Seafoam to my tank. I had my Carbs cleaned and jetted a few months ago when I installed Jon's (RIP) Slash Cuts. She ran awesome but currently she seems a little more weak than usual..
The can says it treats 30-95 litres and our stock tank is 15L. Also I use Shell Canada fuel: Premium because it has much lower ethanol..
Any special ideas when using Seafoam than??

Thanks guys..

I would just mix as directed, I do that every other tank and it has been keeping it running clean.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

A lot of guy's here like seafoam and I have used it to. But me I like Techron from chevron... If my bike running a little funny when I'm riding. Sea Foam I will use if the bike been sitting for a few days,

Attachments

• vmax chevron  techron.jpg
    vmax chevron techron.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 26
Since the bottle says 30-95L, should I use 1/2 bottle? Also. Does it create a lot of smoke? Can I ride it in traffic or will it look like I have a special mod that creates a smoke screen??

From the times that Ive used it before....it never created a smoke screen.

Some people put 1/3 of can I usually use 1 oz per gallon

I read the fine print on the small engines and they do give a ratio. Thanks.. Do you guys use it that often?? If you user it every other fill up than you'll always have some in your tank.. I'm doing this tomorrow.. Looking forward to it actually!!

I'm stoked now guys.. I'll report my findings although I know most of you guys use it or similar..

I used way too much Sea Foam one time, and this is what I got:

sea_foam_1a.jpg

:rofl_200:

I believe they are about equal there both good stuff.

Captainkyle, I thought seafoam was for gas that sit for a few days... To help remove moisture from the gas tank.

And Techron was more a cleaning agent.

I have used both in my 1994, stock engine with Jardine pipes. The Seafoam is great for storage from a couple weeks to several months (Michigan resident) and I like to run the Techron when things get sluggish....

I end up using about 4oz....got a syring I use every third tank....or carry mini bottle under seat. diff additive bottle for posi iff is perfect size...

I have used Seafoam, Techron and recently Sta-Bil Ethanol Treatment.
I add about 2-3 ounces per tank every 2nd or 3rd tank.

Well I put in 1/3 to 1/2 a bottle and it may be my imagination but I think she is less sluggish.. I'll try some other cleaners when I'm done with this bottle.. Didn't know some of you add stuff every other tank... I like the syringe idea or getting a long neck narrow bottle. Cheers guys..

Back