Seal on Hindle Rear Pipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
So things are going way better with my screwy bike. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the stupid rear pipes on this Hindle 4-1 to seal.

This is not a small leak we're talking about here. It's actually blowing the weird exhaust tape around that I put on them to try to seal it up.

I'm going to try to stretch some silicone tape around them tomorrow to see if that will seal, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a really hard time trying to get the pipes to seat properly. Also, they are used, and I think got hit from the side at some point. There is no visible kink in that huge pipe. Just the can.

On my kerker....to get a good seal on the joints, I put red RTV right at the joint, and then put the joint together. I got a good seal when I started the bike up.

That system was also used that i bought from Sean.

If you get a leak at the slip joints I'd say to simply get a tube of 100% silicon from the hardware store and use that. Put a bead about the pipe and push it into the joint which will draw the silicon in along the pipe and create the seal. 100% silicon doesn't burn and is available in a variety of colors and a lot cheaper then the automotive RTV.

Sean

If you get a leak at the slip joints I'd say to simply get a tube of 100% silicon from the hardware store and use that. Put a bead about the pipe and push it into the joint which will draw the silicon in along the pipe and create the seal. 100% silicon doesn't burn and is available in a variety of colors and a lot cheaper then the automotive RTV.

Sean
I'll try that. I was hoping to not have to remove them. They were a pain to get on the first time. Maybe it'll be easier the second time around.

Latest posts

Back