Sean Morley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
Supports non-Vmax guys too. (even if I was a previous 2 time Vmaxer) :p

6244275193_f815eb2305_b.jpg

Thanks kind sir for the hook up!

Hooked me up with Carrozzeria again. He beats everyone's prices on stuff. How can I not go with him?

Oh, and he's really nice and lives the sport..vs. someone at a parts counter somewhere biding their time until they get though barber college.

ah now i see. gorgeous bike man. i'd love a z1k. compare vs vmax?

THANKS!

Hard to compare the two really. It stops better, handles better, and is quite a bit faster than the 1st gen Vmax.

Motor is your typical souless inline 4. Way more stuff available for Vmaxs, much bigger family, and a much more mature family. Vmaxs have a long history and everyone knows someone who had a Vmax in the past.

People typically ride Vmaxs because they love them. I wanted an upright bike and previously had a 2007 Z1000. I always said that would be the perfect street fighter if it had another 20hp. This one has almost another 30 :)

No one knows what my bike is. i went to Bike-toberfest today and was asked if it was the new Buell, a new Vmax, and was asked if it was the Ducati street fighter. And these are motorcycle guys!

So in short, it's faster, handles better, stops better, and looks very modern. When I'd owned both of my Vmaxs, I knew bikes like that were out there. It never changed how I felt about the Vmax. Still doesn't.

THANKS!

Hard to compare the two really. It stops better, handles better, and is quite a bit faster than the 1st gen Vmax.

Motor is your typical souless inline 4. Way more stuff available for Vmaxs, much bigger family, and a much more mature family. Vmaxs have a long history and everyone knows someone who had a Vmax in the past.

People typically ride Vmaxs because they love them. I wanted an upright bike and previously had a 2007 Z1000. I always said that would be the perfect street fighter if it had another 20hp. This one has almost another 30 :)

No one knows what my bike is. i went to Bike-toberfest today and was asked if it was the new Buell, a new Vmax, and was asked if it was the Ducati street fighter. And these are motorcycle guys!

So in short, it's faster, handles better, stops better, and looks very modern. When I'd owned both of my Vmaxs, I knew bikes like that were out there. It never changed how I felt about the Vmax. Still doesn't.

So true! One thing thats a dead give-away is the rims on your new bike. Otherwise I wouldn't know what it was LOL

I went to Biketoberfest, a local BMW meet held at the dealer here in town. I had someone ask if it was the new Buell. I even had someone ask if it was the new Vmax. These are motorcycle guys wearing gear asking me these questions.

No one knows what it is. After I told them they were wrong, they asked if I had built it. Nope!

Kawasaki does a poor job of marketing. No one really knew the bike was updated in 2010. One of my best friends is the service manager for the local honda/yamaha shop. He put his 2009 R1 and 2008 Speed triple on craigslist the day he rode my Z. Which ever sells is going to allow him to get one.

That's my secret lust on the side. For now still married to the Vmax....but someday....I'll have a Z1000.

You summed it up pretty well....goes, stops, and turns better than a gen1 could ever dream of. I think it looks phenomenal. And they're very reasonably priced.....the retail is $10,500, but I've found them OTD for around $9k several places. Not very popular, like you said Kawi didn't do a great job of making it register on anyone's radar so there's deals to be had.

While the motor didn't have the "soul" of the Vmax's plant, it wasn't exactly boring....get it up past 7k or so and it feels like v-boost, plus it's got that fantastic howl from the intake when the revs build up. Exhaust was pretty typical inline-4, sound was entirely forgettable, but I do like the look of the stock mufflers. Those stubby little trapezoid things.

Problem is the "soul" of my motor just isn't quite right. It misfires, pops, and gets lousy mileage when it feels like it(not always....completely randomly), and I've been unable to solve it for going on 3 years now. It pisses me off all over the place, and will in all honesty make me sell this bike.

thanks for the info man. just what i thought unfortunately!

The airbox resonance sounds very similar to the 2007 R6 I had...only it tachs out @ 12k vs. Yamaha's advertised 16k. Once it's over 7grand, it goes from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde. I actually carried a 1 foot wheelie on a hard shift from 2nd all the way to the top of 3rd gear. I wasn't trying to wheelie. It just did it.

Latest posts

Back