Sean, your slides

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hey Sean, I just spoke to Charlie and he said he had problems getting the new slides to seal properly and didn't want to put silicon on them in case he doesn't use then in the final install.

Now he has it back to stock with the exception of the slides and has noticed a big difference. He plans on using the adjustable needles to offset the bog in mid range that he thinks could be caused by the drilled slides,

Do you have any suggestions?

Ron

Plug the hole in the slides with some fuel safe epoxy... Swap out the rubbers from the good to the bad???

We are trying not to use the new ones unless we have to and I have to return either the good slides and diaphrams or the old ones so mixing them might not be a good idea but then again what do I know???

You do what you have to do... I'd call Sean... You have his number right? If not I do.

I do but I am trying not to call or email him too much.. but I will call him

Thanks

Thanks,
I don't want to bother him on a normal day nevermind on his birthday....

Can you imagine that times 20.....lol the poor guy I can't understand how he can stay so nice and helpful but I am glad he does :)

The slides are fine but will appear to be shrunk when first installing them. They will hardly ever stay in place the first time you try to use them (or if left out of a carb for any length of time). No silicon at all is needed. The trick is to get it close then shift the cover around using it to push it into the grove then slide it just enough each of the 4 directions to make sure it is in place. Of course there is a "tab" in the rubber also which needs to be lined up.

Sean

Thanks Sean I passed this along to Charlie. Bike should ( crossing finger ) be back to stock tonight. He'll do some runs on the dyno and then install the kit properly. We're hoping the 157.5 mains with everything stock with hopes that we can get what RagingMain got using the same setup, of course every bike is different but one can hope and then got form there if it doesn't work.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=84741&postcount=31

Thanks Sean and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!

Ron

Charlie will most likely check the forum before installing the kit so any suggestions are appreciated.. Seems like the more you ask the more different setups you get :ummm: But you guys know best

Back