Sean's Valve Shim Kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I need to replace my valve cover gaskets so, I figured it would be a good time to check the valves.

I asked Sean if his valve shim kit was available. His response was ,"I wish". He is having problems getting the kits returned.

I'm not sure of the whole story or who has these kits. I just know its a nice service that Sean offers and it would be great if this service could continue.

Damn, I hope it shows up, as I am going to need it this winter too.

My valve cover gaskets started linking last summer and I am due for valve adjustment.

Mike

I had it about 12 months ago and forwarded it to the next person waiting at the time.

Sean,
If you want to pick up the trail (not that you should have to) I could prob find the info of where I mailed it to. Probably could start with someone more recent though. Let me know.

And yes!! What a great asset to our community Sean's kits are!! I also borrowed the block-off plate kit to paint my motor afterwards. All for the price of postage.

A suggestion......I would have gladly paid twice the shipping cost and it would still be a great deal, Sean, maybe you should request that the kits come back to you each time they go out. Borrower covers your cost out to them as well as the return postage. You would always know who had them last this way. Just a thought.

I plan on using this service in the future, I hope things get straightend out!...................Tom.

i know who has them. getting them to answer a call or email however is what is proving difficult. i will have to send a certified letter i guess

This thread just reminded me that i still need to send you back the casts for the intakes i borrowed from you Sean. I need to get my shit together...

I'm not sweating you Fred! You still are a regular visitor that I see on here and the occasional email you and I have.

I'm not above paying somebody a visit. If reasonable attempts to recover these has been made, I say post up names and addresses. Just how I roll.

I'm not above paying somebody a visit. If reasonable attempts to recover these has been made, I say post up names and addresses. Just how I roll.

+1...hey, I'm off for the next week. I can make a road trip out of it.

I'm in Guam so if it is an international customer, I can get a hop out and pay them a visit. Let me know because I too had the shim kit sent to me and it was a life saver.

I wouldn't do name and address. Asking for trouble if things go wrong.

Post up a city state and ask for volunteers. Then take it private.

I'm in if its anywhere close to Bakersfield Ca or Houston tx

Shit, thats only about 45min - 1hr from where i live! I could drive down weather permitting on sat and get it! Feel like PMing me their contact info Sean?

I'm not sweating you Fred! You still are a regular visitor that I see on here and the occasional email you and I have.

Man time is scarce now. The baby deal takes a lot of time as you know it and im still able to sneak a peek here. I need to go dig them out and get them back to you. Hope you guys manage to find that thing out as i may need it in the future... :biglaugh:
If is someone in Portugal let me know as i know all the gangsters around here and i have a bat... :eusa_dance:

Email me and I'll try to get info that I have for the guy in that area with the kit. Will find the address info for the second kit.

i SEAN IS ONE OF THE GUY'S THAT MAKES THIS FORUM WHAT IT IS , AND IS A HUGE ASSET ! .... SHIT LIKE THIS REALLY PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF ! ..... WITHOUT THOSE LOANER KITS , DOING OUR VALVES WOULD BE A TOTAL FUCKING NIGHTMARE ! ..... AND TURN INTO A FUCKING WEEK LONG PROJECT ! .... THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT AND TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE ! ! ! ! ! .... :th_biggun:

Last edited:
It's unacceptable too Tim.
I used to live in Dayton Ohio and Grove City was a straight shot across 1-70.
30 minutes by Vmax! 45 by cage.
Lets get these back into circulation. I could not imagine doing this job on my own and back and forth to the dealer for two of these, one of those and four or five other shims and just to keep from making four or five trips. Not to mention over paying.

maybe from now on the borrowers have to paypal an amount ($200?) whatever it would cost to rebuild the kit and they get it refunded once they return it. similar to autozone's rent a tool?

Back