Sean's Valve Shim Kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sadly it's the nature of the beast....somebody (sean in this case) starts a nice thing for the vmax community and sooner or later someone's gonna fuck it up for everyone else...whether intentional or unintentional doesn't really matter.

The deposit idea has merit imo....provide a little incentive for the borrower to become the returner and this kind of thing might be avoided.
+1

I will be in the Hammond area which is about 35 miles from baton rouge, the 21st thru 23rd. I will be leaving the platform on the 20th, so I can run by his place of business too.

Will that work?

yea, email me and i'll get the details i currently have

Sean sent me an ignition system, I guess you guys, or I will say we have an honor system here. So I ended up buying the ignitech but I wouldn't have been able to trouble shoot without Sean taking a BLIND chance on me....Please lets Honer the honer system. Thanks again Sean.

I'm all for chipping in to get another kit together. Just tell me who to send a donation to and it will be there. BTW, I also have an extra valve compression tool ( the J shaped one) that I will gladly donate for the kit free of charge.

Where do we stand on recovering the shim kits Sean?
I suppose someday I'll have the need for it and would like it to be there when the time comes. Of course if I'm sending you a motor to build, I'm making you do it! LOL.

I am also in need of this kit - need to get valves adjusted before riding season.

I hope they showed up as this is bullshit.

Mike

Send emails guys. One of my original kits is back and in circulation. I put together 2 additional kits and have them out too. The 2nd original kit is still a hit/miss. He at least acknowledged he had it and was supposed to send it back.

The original kits had around 175 shims in there plus the tool. At $7 retail per shim you can do the math on it. The newer kits don't have quite as many shims but still very costly to put together.

I have one in Finland (talk about global service :) ) and just struggling to get the covers off! Even the back cover don't want to come out, I don't know how I could lift it more.. Shiiiiiiiit.

Yeah Sean I know I still have a wire harness of yours I will work on sending it to you when. I ship out your next order of goodies

Send emails guys. One of my original kits is back and in circulation. I put together 2 additional kits and have them out too. The 2nd original kit is still a hit/miss. He at least acknowledged he had it and was supposed to send it back.

The original kits had around 175 shims in there plus the tool. At $7 retail per shim you can do the math on it. The newer kits don't have quite as many shims but still very costly to put together.

That's a lot of effort, right there....thanks for going to the trouble Sean! :worthy:

Guys, let's handle this a little better from now on....don't ask for a kit till you need it, when you're done with it get it moving on down the line....or put the word out you're done with it.

Unless Sean has decided to do it differently this time.....which is certainly understandable. Personally, I think the honor system can work just fine.....along with a $150 - $200 cash incentive.

Like Al Capone said....you can get more with a smile and a gun than just the smile.........:blink000:

Is the inner valves (next to carbs) intakes and outer (next to exhausts) exhausts?? Silly question maybe, but better ask than be sorry!

I have one in Finland (talk about global service :) ) and just struggling to get the covers off! Even the back cover don't want to come out, I don't know how I could lift it more.. Shiiiiiiiit.

You are doing the valves yourself and asking that question? Don't take me wrong but be certain of what you are doing in order not to break anything...

You are doing the valves yourself and asking that question? Don't take me wrong but be certain of what you are doing in order not to break anything...

Yeah! :punk: I guess theres first time for everything, or I did adjust car valves once like ten years ago.. Theres that awesome guide that naughtyG has written, with lots of pictures, I think I can manage with that.. Have to be careful, though.

2yvm6jb.jpg

I like that your doing this inside, my wife would kill me if I tried that. I've had some pretty nice garages and work shops over the years of moving around in the military but I have never tried to bring the bike in the house. Good on you, great working conditions.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

You will find the job a lot easier if you make some room to work....remove the carbs, radiator, other stuff in the way.....just sayin'

+1

Your going to end up pulling the carbs anyway, really don't want the covers off when you do that or something will end up inside the motor.

Back