Sears garage organization

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Sears has a BOGO deal on the Whirlpool Corp. Geartrack garage organization material you fasten to your wall, and then use different brackets on it to hang your tools.

The local Sears had the BOGO on the single tracks measuring 6" x 48" for $13.99, so that's 12" x 48" for $13.99. I bought 8 of the 4 ft. pieces and you get additional discounts if you spend > $50, and another 5% off if you use your Sears card. Each foot of the PVC track is rated to hold 75 lbs static weight.
ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

Here's a link to the track, it's 3/4" PVC you screw to the wall and use their steel brackets to hold whatever items you want. The Sears brand has a similar product, and while the method of attachment of the brackets is slightly different, I've found the Sears brand brackets work on the Whirlpool/Gladiator brand PVC track.

I included a pic of different brackets, you can even hang the Gladiator wall mount cabinets from them, though I bought a bunch (6) of the cabinets (30" x 30" x 12") and used tapcons and flat washers to mount them directly to my CBS walls, since I wasn't planning to re-locate them. The Home Depot also sells Gladiator. Don't buy them until they go on sale at a considerable discount, this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gladiato...Cabinet-in-Everest-White-GAWG302DZW/205441537

I paid <$90 apiece at Sears on sale. They are currently selling for $187 at HD! They come w/2 pieces of track to install them on if you wish.

http://www.sears.com/gladiator-gear...sellerId=SEARS&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Sears Shop Your Way (SYW) Members get $10 back in points (10,000 points) when you spend $50 or more! see details This expires 4/23/16.

I got this to put over my workbench on a CBS wall so I can hang organizers for frequently-used tools like wrenches and screwdrivers. Sure you could do other ways of achieving the same thing, but this stuff is sturdy, allows flexibility of design, changing your layout depending on what you may need, or just providing an 'out-of-the-way' placement for frequently-used tools. It saves opening and closing drawers on your toolchests, you just grab what you need off the wall. It's easy to inventory when you're done working on something.

I'm trying to get my recently reconstructed garage sorted-out, and this stuff is gonna be used in other places, too.

Nice stuff. I'm way too cheap for that though.

I pulled a set of kitchen cabinets from a cabinet shop scrap pile. They are a bit ugly but do the job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We just got done w/a home re-model and my wife said, "you're not gonna put your old, rusty tool cabinets in that new garage!" So I kept my eyes out for stuff on sale, and it sure is nice to see new storage units in the garage, including a new 8 ft workbench w/a 1-1/2" solid wood top & a 3/16" steel plate top above that. I still have a ways to go, organizing things, but I already can do more work easier than I ever could before.

I've 'cheaped-out' on storage before this, so as I come closer to retirement, this stuff will make my shop a good place to spend time, for years to come.

Back