Seat care

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what are you guys doing to keep your seat soft (no, not that seat) and protected from UV? Lexol has some conditioning wipes, but that's all I've been able to find. Any other suggestions?

I know it's not leather but I use the same Lexol leather conditioner I bought for my pickup seats; the one in the orange bottle.
Not the cleaner as it seems to dry the vinyl out.

I've also been know to use various hand lotions if that's all I've got handy.

wfcall said:
I know it's not leather but I use the same Lexol leather conditioner I bought for my pickup seats; the one in the orange bottle.
Not the cleaner as it seems to dry the vinyl out.

I've also been know to use various hand lotions if that's all I've got handy.

Does it make the seat slippery? I remember on my first street bike when I ArmorAlled the seat! DOH!:29:

Buster Hymen said:
Does it make the seat slippery? I remember on my first street bike when I ArmorAlled the seat! DOH!:29:

I usually wipe it down with a dry cloth pretty thouroghly afterwards. It's not nearly as slippery as armorall. If I thought I was going to be riding pretty agressively I might not do it.
The center section on the seat is pretty good at keeping me from sliding backwards as it is......

Buster Hymen said:
I've been using the Lexol cleaner/conditioner wipes. Haven't noticed any signs of the seat being slippery. The wipes have a similar visual effect to Armorall. So far, it appears to be a decent solution to keeping your seat in shape.

Back