Seat thread. What are you sittin' on?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran the stock seat for a few years, tried the Corbin and then bought the Morley mid cut seat, the step up and rear seat shaved down as well and absolutely love the look and it is so much more comfortable
Nice bike

Josh, the Corbin seat I had was from them, I didn’t care for it but did see the Corbin from holeshot and think it’s a much nice seat than the original corbin

I invested in a second stock seat to send off to Morley's Muscle. The results were fantastic. Sean created a much more comfortable seat for me in what I believe he calls rhe "Big Boy". As a tall rider, the last thing I need is to sit lower in the saddle as most modified seats seem to achieve. This one is full height, widened front and back, stitched in red with the Vmax logo and finished complete with backrest pad in the Gen 2 style. The shame of it all is that as I am about to sell my 05, so I will also be listing the seat to sell separately from the bike.
I'm looking for a seat already done because I'd like to save my original. So before I send this one to replace I'm checking around for a mid Cut or Trimmed to bottom out either or. Any idea on one?

I'm looking for a seat already done because I'd like to save my original. So before I send this one to replace I'm checking around for a mid Cut or Trimmed to bottom out either or. Any idea on one?
Get ahold of Sean Morley about his mid cut muscle seat. He is a great guy, very helpful and a pleasure to do business with. He normally requires your seat but I’m pretty sure he would do one for you outright so you could keep your original

I have a Corbin modified by Richard Poirier of Maxgasser fame. It's still a one piece seat but it's shaped much better, more of a stock seat profile, without the dome shape that turns the original seat into a weapon of ass destruction.

No seat plug [delete!] I just lift the entire seat off to gas up, quick and easy. Expensive, but worth it. Also welcome since the original seat was a pain to remove.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564234180892.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564234180892.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 30
I spent 30 min. and recovered my seat w/o making hole. I will have to remove seat every time, I will buy wing-bolts. About $5 vinyl and 50 cents staples.

I have a Corbin modified by Richard Poirier of Maxgasser fame. It's still a one piece seat but it's shaped much better, more of a stock seat profile, without the dome shape that turns the original seat into a weapon of ass destruction.

No seat plug [delete!] I just lift the entire seat off to gas up, quick and easy. Expensive, but worth it. Also welcome since the original seat was a pain to remove.
Do you hold rear part up until done?

I have a stock seat installed currently, but also have a Sportmax I'll be fitting in March, when riding season starts up here.

I spent 30 min. and recovered my seat w/o making hole. I will have to remove seat every time, I will buy wing-bolts. About $5 vinyl and 50 cents staples.

I don't bolt mine down, it stays in place just fine until I need to lift it off.

Forgive me for asking but how does a seat stay in place without being anchored down to the frame? I have hit a few bumps in the past that temporarily lifted me off the seat. I would hate to find on the rebound that there is no seat to cushion. Also, I would hate to park the bike, go shopping, and return to an iron seat.

Forgive me for asking but how does a seat stay in place without being anchored down to the frame? I have hit a few bumps in the past that temporarily lifted me off the seat. I would hate to find on the rebound that there is no seat to cushion. Also, I would hate to park the bike, go shopping, and return to an iron seat.
There aren't many people out there stealing Vmax seats (or motorcycle seats in general for that matter). The Corbin seat tabs into the front and somewhat wedges at the back. I don't bolt them down either though don't particularly like them lol.

I thought it was kind of weird when I bought the seat and was told it just sits there, but it is on there securely and it hasn't been a problem. And I'd be more worried about someone stealing my helmet than my seat. After the dog and pony show of removing the stock seat, I love this one. It's comfortable, looks good within the profile of the stock seat, has a usable seat bump to wedge my ass against when warp speed hits, and it gives me a usable place to move to when I need some relief while riding. I hate seats that lock you in place and I can move around a lot, if I want to.

I tried Corbin seats on my Vmax's twice over the years. Why I fell for it a second time I can't explain, but I had no luck with them. Way too hard, low and uncompromising of a riding position for me personally. My wife on the other hand had a Holeshot Corbin on her GSX650F and loved it. Like you, she could ride all day on it. Seats are so subjective to the rider that trial and error seems to be the best bet for finding the right one, all the while actively draining your bank account!

I bought mine from John Furbur, and he said let me know if you don't like it. I wasn't sure when I first got it if I wanted to keep it, then a hook eyelet on my boots snagged on the cover of the passenger rear portion and pulled up a hunk about the size of that shoelace eyelet. I looked at that and figured fuck, I guess I'm keeping it. I was able to repair it easily enough with some glue, you can see where it was but it looks pretty good overall. Now I really like it, so it all worked out.

Last edited:
I have a stock seat on the 14 but have run Corbins in the past on a previous gen 1 and 2 and was very happy with them no issues at all for time in the saddle. They are pricey though
Currently I’m happy with the stock seat no issues
Just need a flash and it will be all good
Just need to move to Arizona and I be happy riding all year

Latest posts

Back